Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going the 250W route

Hi again, everybody.

Decided to try the 250W HPS in a small grow tent 2.5 x 2.5 x 5 ft. Never stopped thinking about it after reading Nebula's 250W-related grows. That has ME written all over it.
    Found a really nice guy in the business to get me started on a good price. Altought my first plan was to build everything from scratch.

I am currently trial running everything. The tent is empty, it's just the light and exhaust vent running (top - speed controled, currently 75% speed), with a proper passive intake (bottom). Proper negative pressure - checked! The light is a 250W HPS with a standard reflector because I was thinking I might be benefiting some heat. And I do, but I am afraid I am almost kissing all the limits, be it lows or highs.

So my room is 65F/54%, while empty tent is 82F/15% with the light running for 3-4 hrs, around 3 ft off the ground. So that's pretty much fixed. Night tent temps are same as room temps, 65F, yesterday even 62F. Am I right where I wouldn't want to be on both ends?

Or am I just panicking? Should I consider specializing in purpled-up strains?

Thanks!

Low Ryders
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• CaptPicard
      CaptPicard commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that's a great idea! You would be able to do more plants in a smaller space.

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Another great plant for short grow spaces is White Moscow from New Guy 420, it's out of CA. Fully mature plants reach 14" tall. Yes 14"

I would try to raise the night temp and/or lower the day temp. You want to try and keep both with in 10 degrees of each other at all times. And consistent temps as best as possible.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

OK, a little update.

Yesterday I added a second weather station and placed it right above the tent's ceiling. So now I have two monitors, one is on the floor and one at the ceiling. The one on the floor still reads 82F, and the one at the ceiling reads 76-77F. I guees the 82F is mostly measured as radiant heat while the top temp is more realistic air temp as hot air always tends to go up.

Night temps were 63F, both on the floor and the ceiling monitor.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X