Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sacrificing for seeds, loss or long term investment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacrificing for seeds, loss or long term investment?

Your Thoughts? A couple years back I sacrificed some really good (REALLY GOOD) bag beans. I had 1-F and !-M that germinated and I allowed them to continue to grow together. The end result was seeds for life from a "REALLY GOOD" mystery strain and still be able to enjoy the buds!

Each seed will be geneticly different from eachother. Too much genetic variability with out backcrossing before breeding. If you find a good one in that batch, clone it until you can not anymore.
    Might not be worth the experiment if that is going to be your only crop.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Hello toker1, I have collected many seeds over the years and I guess I can say I have the seeds to play with. All those collected came from top of the line strains. I call them mystery seeds cause I forget the strain name.s I just found seeds 20+ years old! Crushed one and their still viable,This will be my next grow. Attached are my girls from that batch of seeds, 3 wks to harvest

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I have done this before as well. Even poped a few seeds from the 60-70’s and grew them out too.
        First time I found a hermie I switched over to genetics that were more stable and have not turned back since then.

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I had some of my seeds from from the 70's. I like the challenge of the unknown, it makes for an interesting harvest, Thanks for the feed back!!

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem. Like I said it’s fun to experiment. Just make sure you have plenty of the good stuff first. 😤

This little beauty I called Purple Mystery from last year's grow. According to Seedsman it was supposed to be a White Widow, but obviously it was not. It was always a runt, but did produce a significant amount of bud. I do not know how, but it was pollinated. I detected no pollen sacs on any of my plants. I am in Colorado so ,"the hills are alive with the smell of pollen". This year I planted a few of the seeds which produced some runty males, and some females. I disposed of the males, and kept the females. Like their momma they were runty, and a lovely violet as well. I called them DOPM (daughter of purple mystery). They too were mysteriously pollinated. And so now Purple Mystery has grand children yet to be germinated. I swear I will not plant these seeds again this coming year, but only on another property I have some seventy five miles away. Our stoner maid claims, even with seeds, this is the most potent, and dankest weed she has ever smoked. She's an LA woman who has been smoking since she was 13. It's all a mystery to me.

Last edited by starramus; 12-07-2018, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• yellow
        yellow commented
        Editing a comment
        That is so cool!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X