No announcement yet.

a picture update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks 9fingerleafs! It's good to be back, finally after 6 months off from growing i'm back at it again. I'll post a report soon. This time I'm using liquid organic nutrients in the coco medium I've been using the last few grows. Never tried the organics but the plants are doing really well (now entering 4th week of 12/12, nice little budlets on the girls. I was concerned about Cal/Mag issues in the coco with the organics but no problems so far. Its good to see your still at it and I have to admit I'd like to try some clones myself but I just don't see a way to accomplish that in my small space. Guess I'll just have to enjoy your success and keep dreaming of the day when I have room for two grow areas. Cheers!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Man just a cup of water and a bathroom or anywhere you can leave a light on, they don’t even need much light, it literally cost nothing to try I’m trying coco myself, I got botanicare and fox farm nutrients so I gotta figure out what works best

Clones looking very good Chief. You cloning that pink pistol plant????

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Not at the moment but I’ll definetly will reveg and take clones, she’s doing wonderful in this harsh climate and it’s just a pleasure watching her grow

9fingerleafs, here's a photo of the plant I was referring to_ one with purple pistils....I'll have to go back through my notes to see which strain it was...definitely a close resemblance!
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes very similar indeed, I looked up pistil color and turns out it’s a phenotipical trait, meaning it’s a recessive geene that happens when crossing with lots of genetic variety and it’s not strain dependent, most importantly it may not even pass on the pistil colors when breeding

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful plants 9fingers, yours always are pretty.
      Most of the pretty pink pistils plants I've
      seen ,have mostly come from some island type place like Hawaii, or even Jamaica, That is unless you buy seeds that turn colors, like RedPoison and a bunch more.
      The reason I say that is long ago, I had a good friend that was a pilot for Airborne Freight, and he used to keep us supplied with Jane and seeds, from those kind of places. GoodLuck and
      HappyGrowing ole bud.

Thanks for that info_ That plant in the photo had been bread many times. They were working on a new strain, a 1:1 CBD and this was the F1 plant. Most had the purple pistils but this one was particularly appealing. It seems that it being a Phenotype trait is right on. Be interesting to see what the F2 generation looks like....Just made a post where I uploaded a bunch of photos from my "October Harvest Adventure".... The purple pistil girl was at the sun grown organic farm in southern Oregon!

Comment

For logistical reason I had to harvest a bit early the purple pistils B4. I will be revegin and cloning, exceptional producer, very short and compact, strong branches, fresh pine smell
      Click image for larger version

Name:	02995A58-5248-4521-BED9-FDD7C3023873.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	279781Click image for larger version

Name:	31355745-53D4-43FC-AD0C-DB0CB5DA17F1.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	279783Click image for larger version

Name:	A5B7D5BB-9448-461B-8D4F-A320C629EA1F.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	279782

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha my father said the same thing when he saw the plant, those old days when there was only regular brown weed, the green weed, the purple one, the golden one, the red haired one and so on.

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, if I had the room I'd clone that beauty too_ can't wait to the cure is on and its ready to sample_ looking forward to your opinion!

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. The good news is this plant was flowered outside on the roof, so I have more space than i could fill 😁😁😁 I just placed some fresh trim in the vaporizer and the high was pretty strong, doesn’t smell much but it does the job, can’t imagine how the buds will be

Buds drying and the lower part of the plant goes into veg, out of each little bud a new branch will grow

Name:	6C83592E-7451-4AEC-A468-FB3F26ED47E3.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	279908Click image for larger version

Name:	FCADF06B-25EB-479E-9305-B6C2975AD785.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	279906Click image for larger version

Name:	FB1D3272-3D5A-49E6-A9CD-E21C217B3723.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	279907Click image for larger version

Name:	CCCB40D8-F5FF-4C64-925E-486778CEFAAC.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	279905

Comment

Pretty Awesome!
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Are you planning to monster crop her or take clones from each branch?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          i will reveg her and take clones after, i need the plant to be strong and growing cause i clone with only water

I heard it was harder to get clones from a flowering plant to root but never tried it myself. My dreaded project for today is to go check for hermies on a plant that is forming nice buds... but which I think I cut what looked like a small nana or two from last night before the lights went out. Fingers crossed but waiting with anticipation for those lights to come on so I can go give it a real good exam. Ten minutes to go!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          never tried cloning a flowering plant either but i imagine it would die on me ):

Next time I'm able to plan ahead for 7 months of growing I'm going to try taking clones from my favorite female and see how it goes. Do you harvest colas from the chosen female and then switch her back to >18 hrs to revegetate and then take clones from new growth once she has recovered?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, under 24 hours of CFL. But I usually clone before flowering, this girl was too special to let go

I must agree_ she's a beauty for sure.... Be wonderful to preserve that phenotype!

Comment

Hey! 9fingerleafs! A beautiful finish, beautiful trim and all the right colors-soooo pretty!
          may your new year ring in with more great grows🎉🎄🦋☃️🎨🍾
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much you too tika, keep on keeping on growing. I wish my outdoor girls are someday as happy and healthy as yours.

They will clone just fine it just takes longer if its a bud your cloning. I'd wait till they veg back out then take the cuttings. Nice harvest!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks you, it was too soon and the plant wasn’t ready but I need to move thing along, got too many plants in cue

Some more clones, a waited a bit too long to transplant but it’s ok I’ll be careful wasn’t expecting a 100% root rate so I gave away one clone and stuffed 3 into one pot, this will be my next mom I think, the other clones are doing fantastic

Name:	45DD99AA-5B91-4E08-8F16-4E60D689DC32.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	280496Click image for larger version

Name:	003B0BE9-365D-4BA1-85CA-55256881A786.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	280493Click image for larger version

Name:	5DB6C68B-BFB8-4D82-B11A-A04B8D44E2F3.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	280495Click image for larger version

Name:	48D7BC36-5F46-4386-897B-28AD795F5F39.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	280494

Comment

Starting the new year off just right🤗🦋🤗
            Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
            Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
            GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
            photoperiod feminized seeds
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X