How to build my grow space.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to build my grow space.

Hi, need some advice on how to build my grow space.

I'm thinking on having one side for veg and one for bloom.

ps google did the work on the imperial system

The flower room should be larger than the veg room to make space for larger plant sizes.
    2-3 ft is not a lot of space. How many ozs do you need to grow here?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      80 inches or cm tent?

• Anoney
      Anoney commented
      Editing a comment
      Toker1 cm

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok. I would recess the middle wall to open up the space. I’ll draw you a sketch.

Cooling? Airflow?lights? So many questions lol

Comment

Use the tent for flowering, easier to control odor if that is a concern.

Comment

• Anoney
        Anoney commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be a concern, is it possible to get a wardrobe "air tight" or... odor controlled? Like seal all the nooks and crannies with some sort of sealing compound.

Something like this okay?
      Im just a shy guy with a big dick.

Comment

• Anoney
        Anoney commented
        Editing a comment
        yellow That looks so clean! I like it, using the space below too! Im guessing thats a 40x40cm or 60x60cm? I might be able to fit 2 plants in mine. or 4 if I remove the middle wall. Inspiring pic thanks!

btw, is that yours?
        Last edited by Anoney; 12-05-2018, 03:06 AM.

Here comes a few more detailed pics, some measurements are off tho. But since looking at yellow 's pic, using the bottom part for the pot/bucket looks pretty dope!

Comment

• yellow
        yellow commented
        Editing a comment
        Design looks legit. You will probably find after a grow or two there will be a few changes to make. This is dependent on your style of growing.
        Thanks, put a heap of thought into it.

Or something like this?

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        Not experienced with this but I would think limiting it to one plant in flower would get better results in a space that size.

With the space that small I think you may find it could be easier to do veg in the entire space then switch to 12/12 in the entire space rather than having left and right. Time will tell though good luck.

Comment

I'm currently growing in a space almost exactly like yours (You can see in my journal), the comments about needing more flowering room is spot on. I currently clone, store mothers, and veg on one side, and flower on the other. I use a 270w in veg and a 300w in flower (Had a 1000w but it gave off more heat that a new boiler).

My biggest issue is being limited to two flowering plants and trying to find space to train the next flowering group in the same space Im trying to store clones and mothers.
        Changing out nutes (DWC) is a creative challenge on drainage and replacement.
        When I next redesign (Soon) i will have both sides on a rolling platform that will allow me to slide it out and maintain the plants.
        Nice design and well thought out.
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

I have a similar set up. Two rooms with a small space for mechanical/res. Fans are set up so I can move air between the rooms. This keeps the heat up when lights are off. I can also move air outside the room by changing the hoses. So at anytime by removing a vent hose to a new location I have control of temp and smell. mechanical area stays cold so my res temps stay down

Comment

Ok... so the lower section would make a good clone or seedling room if you can get some t5 cfls in there.
            I would recess the middle wall and just remove a section( see attached sketch). This will still support the structure while allowing the light to pass through. This will be your flower room. Then you can set up your 80cm tent for veg. (But due to the small size, you will still need to do a few weeks of veg in the wardrobe cabinet).

Comment

Toker1 Thanks, been working on a new sketch. Also thinking about what RagWeedDWC said about having the pots on a rolling platform, which I could, the roller "fittings" are still on the wardrobe, not sure if it would hold the pots or if they would be too heavy. I love all the ideas you've given me! Thanks a ton! Also, dont mind the pots in the sketch, I'm not going to use those specific ones, just couldn't find any better suited model.

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice... my only concern is removing the center piece completely would make the cabinet more able to wobble. Then you are adding lights and a carbon filter. This is making the cabinet top heavy and potentially lop sided. My concern is that the side walls might not be enough support for the entire cabinet. Can you add angle brackets to the side walls for additional support?

• Anoney
                Anoney commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, I will have to reinforce it somehow. I'll update it for the next sketch.

If your not planning a res outside of cab then make a shelf to seal off the buckets from the warm air. Run a fan in and out of the bottom area. A small cab like this you’ll have to put fans filters mufflers outside. Unless you can find a 2” filter fan combo.

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s a great idea! 👍 That water needs to be cool to hold lots of DO.
                Maybe some insulation around the buckets might help too.

Your design uses a mobile wardrobe, in my case I built between joist in a work room, and had to limit the depth because of power equipment and the boss (Wife).
              I have already cut the bottom of the center stud I placed, so that a 3/4 platform on three inch castors can roll between the sides. This will let me pull it out, drain, train and feed.
              Most rolling wardrobes I see today are made out of MDF, which does not support a lot of lateral weight, water is heavy.
              With a solid back piece on the wardrobe removing the center should not increase the wobble, I would ensure that all the fasteners on the back are glued and screwed,
              Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
              A tale of two seeds
              Batter Up Sour Deisel
              Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
              New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
              Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• Anoney
                Anoney commented
                Editing a comment
                I see, yes I am a bit worried about the weight.. Gonna need to strengthen a lot of places if I'm going to have the buckets weight pulling down. I will have a clearer view once I've assembled the wardrobe in a day or two! Currently sketching on reinforcements but I'm beginning to realize its probably better to build a similar but a tad bit bigger from scratch, with proper material. I'll update you guys once its up and standing!

If you are thinking about buying a unit... I can recommend the 4x4 tent in this link. I have used mine for about 4 years now with no issue.
              TheLAShop.com is a one-stop shop where customers can save money on high quality, low priced products for the home, business, patio, backyard, beauty, hobbies and others.

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha. Let’s build some solar panels or a turbine generator. Growing isn’t cheap.

• Anoney
                Anoney commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like a dream! No.. really, it does

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Make it reality. The information is out there at your fingertip. The solar panels are not difficult if you are just doing some small scale generation.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X