Terpenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terpenes

Does anyone know if this chart is correct? Just interesting if it is accurate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181202-131556_Facebook.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	272023

I dont think there has been enough research on terpenes to quantify these sorts of things. Many or most terpene effects are very small and makes it very difficult to isolate what kind of individual response they give.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

Not sure... but I have been reading about inducing terpenes during the curing process.

A long time ago, I ran out of jars and decided to wash a pickle jar out to use for curing. Needless to say, that particular stuff had a permanent dill smell/tase.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Very interesting article. Terpene infused beer!!Hmmm

To answer your question, I would say the chart is not accurate. The physiological effects as listed on the chart stem chemically from psychoactive compounds and some are also euphoric feelings which are different for everyone, (for example) (some people go dreamy and couch-lock off northern lights while I start bumping and feel my pulse go up like I’ve taken a stimulant) so all the anxiety/relaxing effects listed you know aren’t accurate, the effects would be more due to the cannabinoid levels and their respective concentrations.

Although recent studies have defined terpenes as playing a slight role in the general euphoric effects of cannabis, they are generally just the pure terpenoids and smells of a plant, so obviously if you have identical thc and cbd levels but one smells like grass and the other sweet juicy grapes obviously the placebo would affect your overall experience.. but that is near impossible as terpenes and cannabinoids and flavonoids all start developing irresectively of one another and simultaneously in terms of life cycle.

Terpenes themselves have effects of their own, eucalyptol is quite awakening/alerting in the smell and so on, but I doubt linalool containing weed is going to make your high skin “softer” haha. So although they would obviously have subtle effects they will be so personalised and different for each and every person the chart would have to be far more developed.

Theres also the fact that there’s 10,000 + identified terpenes in the world and more than 100+ in cannabis, I think that chart is just a rough representation of the most common terpenes found in cannabis but they are also the most common in all other plants with the most recognisable smells.

Comment

Well was an interesting thing if it was true. Once it is recognized as real medicine across the world the researchers will spend more time defining these things. We can only hope.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I read somewhere that we just fully defined the Cannabis genome. The theory is that THC and CBD were never present in the ancient plant. Apparently they are the results of ancient viruses that colonized the plant millions of years ago.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          May the cannabis gods bless you, ancient viruses...

1, like DrPhoton said there hasn’t been enough research on the isolated molecules, plus isolating chemicals negates the entourage effect which strengthens terpene effects when multiple terpenes are introduced and synergize
        2, only tables with temps are honestly helpful having simply things that are treated don’t really help a patient
        3, that list is too limited, like VitaminTHC said there’s 10K unique terps in the world
        4 try this chart instead from a very reputable testing company in the cannabis industry
        Grow and good luck
        Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X