Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best nutrients to use with hard water and higher ppm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best nutrients to use with hard water and higher ppm?

I just got my seeds in and all I have to do now is get my grow medium and nutrients. Is one grow medium more forgiving to hard water than others (soil, coco)? Also what nutrients would you use with hardwater? I know that general hydroponics makes a hardwater flora trio but anything else?

It’s all going to depend of what’s in the water and how hard is it. Is it deep well water or tap? The cleaner the water the more control you going to have on your grow

Comment

I recall - at least one company makes a nutrient line for hard water- unfortunately, I do not remember which one.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        If I recall correctly only fox farm it’s made for tap water

I ended up deciding that I’m going to just filter my water to have more control over my grow we have berkey filter that is essentially a giant life straw that will give me extremely pure water. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Comment

I ran into a lockout due to my hard well water. I went with RO on my next grow and ended up with cal mag def, so I now alternate RO with well water and epsom foliar feed now and then.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          I mix deep well water (1.4EC) with RO water 1:1 or half and half

• OkieGrowkie
          OkieGrowkie commented
          Editing a comment
          That probably would be a better way. Keep it consistent

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah i dunno whats in my water the only thing i know for sure is if i use only well water i get sulfur toxicity, and if i use only RO water my ph drops dramatically and cannot feed high enough so it kinda took me a year to find the sweetspot, now i mix, add nutrients and my ph is 6.5 everytime naturally at 1.4EC, been doin it for a year now and indeed plants love that consistency, i also feed the same dose(EC) first week of veg until harvest

Do you find it necessary to give your plant a range of ph? Instead of a consistent ph every single watering

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          For me in soil ph is always 6.5

Originally posted by DimeBagKilla View Post
        I just got my seeds in and all I have to do now is get my grow medium and nutrients. Is one grow medium more forgiving to hard water than others (soil, coco)? Also what nutrients would you use with hard water? I know that general hydroponics makes a hard water flora trio but anything else?
        Hey Dimebagkilla -

If you have enough room to sore several 5 gallon bottles, you could use some spa shock to oxidize most of the TDS in the water and let it sit for a few days. The chlorine level will drop off to 0 and the TDS should precipitate out of the water and rest on the bottom in a silt. Then you could siphon off the top water.

I would think a tsp of spa shock would do it.

Just a thought. Good Luck

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X