No announcement yet.

400w HID in a 3x3 ft space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hung my t5's last night. I'm running just two 2 footers over one plant. How long are your lights and the 10" is as close as you can get? I'm a little closer than that with my 2 footers

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      So I am using a 400w HID as the main source. My T5’s are 2 ft long and supplement red light during early - mid flower... and I replace the red bulbs with 2 ft UV bulbs for the last few weeks of flower. The agro Max UV bulbs need to be 10” from the canopy (according to the manufacturer’s recommendation). This is for UV light only. For the red bulbs, they need to be 6” from the canopy (according to the manufacturer’s recommendations). If these were the regular standard t5 bulbs, then I would keep them a few inches from the canopy. Hope that answers your question.
      Last edited by Toker1; 12-25-2018, 10:48 AM.

• cardshooter
      cardshooter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep pretty much.. we are running the same bulbs. Will raise them up when the lights come back on later. Thanks. Your grow is looking good

Last few weeks before harvest. 😬
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Here are some close ups at lights out. The UV lights are really making them pop. No issues with burning. Plenty of goo on these buds. The tops are half milky white now. Should be seeing the first ambers in the next few weeks. That’s when I like to harvest her.

Comment

• cardshooter
        cardshooter commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good Toker. Had to unplug my UV's Light burned the plant I had them over. That was with only 2 12hr light cycles. 15 mins on every hour was waaaay to much. I'll try them again in the future. But I think I'll cut the cycle down to 15mins every 4 hours. Rest of the grow looking good harvest next wknd

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Might be that the UV was too close to the plants. I had to tie mine back to maintain the manufacturer’s recommendation on distance from canopy.

Approx. 1 week until harvest. The garden temps are 66-72 and RH 40-50% for the last week here. The purple is really coming out now.

Comment

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude those things are friggin awesome. 👏 I hate to say it but I might be a little jelly haha no but really super awesome. Congratulations 🍾

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Juicy!! 👍

Today is the day. She has been in darkness for about 36 hours now. I typically go for 48 hours, but this is what works with my schedule this grow.
      Here are some final Picts of the buds still attached to the roots. I got lots of work ahead of me, so my next post will be an early smoke report (short cure) plus final yeild. Then I will follow up with a long cure smoke report. Let’s see if the UV turned up the final product. 😤

Comment

Roughly 8 ozs of untrimmed buds. The yields were a bit on the low side. I chalk it up to a combination of the UV light plus the faulty mh I had durring veg.
        Not a bad run.... I smoked a bowl of bottom buds (dried with no cure). The quality was extremely potent. And the smoke was not harsh at all. Can’t wait to cure these buds for a bit. If it gets better than it is currently (currently meaning with no cure)...it will surpass the quality of every bud I have ever grown from this phenotype since I started growing her over a year ago.
        I will be keeping the UV lights in my set up...plus I will be adding UV to my 4ft x 4ft tent as well.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks good @Toker1
          Thank you for sharing your grow and experience with the UV. Quality versus quantity always wins my vote.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Mr.furley! I agree. I only grow for myself, and I only smoke what I grow. Quality is most important to myself as well.

Short cure report. Flavor is beginning to kick in. Potency is beyond the norm. Trics are huge. Much larger than previous grows. Here is a glance.

Comment

• Juicyj89
          Juicyj89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks super sticky!! Wish I had some of that

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X