Unusual new limb growth in strange places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual new limb growth in strange places

I'm mainlining a plant and tonight I noticed new limbs growing in strange places. One is near the base randomly shooting out of the side. The rest are coming out of nodes that are already formed like a third arm. Any idea what would cause this?

The plant is just trying to obtain more light and grow. It’s totally normal for this to happen.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Thanks for the ease of mind Toker1. Huge help

Comment

True true. And from my experience with manifolding, which is basically the same as mainlining, I notice when I trimmed or lollipopped down the main stem that if i didn’t pretty much get it all the way down it would start growing new leaves where I had cut it. Sometimes it would still try to grow new leaves even if I did! It’s crazy how adaptive this plant really is. It’ll do anything to thrive and survive! 😂😂 but yeah Toker1 is totally right. I’m bummed tho. My plants are totally sucking. Luckily it’s not the GSC. But I can see there little heads just starting to break thru! Anyways, your plant looks good Phoenixman21. Super sturdy gurthage lol 😆
        “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
        192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
        3 Gal Smart Pots
        FoxFarm Trio
        +Open Sesame
        +Cha-Chang
        +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
        192w t5
        Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
        FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
        FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Juicyj89 I'm beginning to learn how adaptive these plants are. It blows my mind every time I mess something up and they bounce back like it never happened. Thanks for commenting and thank you for the compliment. It definitely is very sturdy. Lol. I just did the last bit of cutting last night to get me my 8 mains. Can't wait to see how it does from here and what the yields will be. I'll keep yall posted.

Comment

While I'm thinking about it Toker1 and Juicyj89 my last grow never stretched during flower. Could that have been genetics? If so, since I'm using the same strain, I need to plan for that. If not, and I possibly did something to prevent it, I'll have to figure out what I did to keep it from stretching and not do that again. Any help/advise is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, sounds like it. Some strains stretch longer than others. Also underwatering and/or malnutrition can cause slow growth. That could potentially be a factor as well.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X