Stem issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stem issue

Does anyone know what is causing my stem issues ?

Looks like its rotting. Are you doing bubbleponics? It looks like you have water flowing on top. Im sure your roots are touching water and you can shut that off. Its only needed the first few weeks.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Trimmings426
      Trimmings426 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Cloud on the stem looking like it's rotting but I grow in soil, only medium I've ever grown in so not going to be much help with DWC, Bubble Ponics, etc. Good luck and I hope you can get it worked out.

Thank you Cloud, I will try shutting the drip ring off. I also sprayed it with pesticide /herbicide.

Comment

Np dude im still new to growing myself with only two successful bubbleponics grows and one coco choir grow so idk if the pesticide/herbicide is causing the issue or the water.
      640 watt hlg quantum board
      320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
      300 watt mars hydro sp3000
      150 watt hlg quantum board
      100 watt spider farmer led x2
      organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
      Water only i don't check ph
      6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• Trimmings426
        Trimmings426 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just a thought but, could it possibly be, now just from reading the posts but if the water is seeping through to the top of the pebbles on the top could it maybe be the sprays pesticides and herbicides be getting to the roots and causeing the problem. Not sure myself if it would even hurt the plant cause I know when useing Neem Oil you can actually water plants with the Neem a bit and it can be good for them. Like I said just a observation.

The pesticide was only added today after posting the picture.

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Howdy Allen C., a pesticide will not help, what You have is algae growing on the rapid rooter. I do not use a top feed DWC setup because the rooter cube and even a rockwool cube will stay too wet. I have my DWC setups with the drip lines at the bottom side of the cubes (I do not use the rapid rooters) to prevent the top of the cube from staying too wet. I also cover the net pots and clay pebbles with aluminum foil (with a small hole in it for the stem) to help prevent the light from getting to it.

It’s stem rot. You have an infection there. What temps were your water temperatures? Usually comes from too much water (or too hot water temps) and not enough oxygen content. These conditions allow bad bacteria to thrive and good bacteria to die off.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Thanks Toker, is there a chance of recovery ? The water temperature is 65 degrees. I did stop the drip ring and sprayed with Nuke Em.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have never gotten them to bounce back from that type of issue before

Thank you all for the feedback, you guys rock !

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X