Cured And uncured whats the potency differance ? Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cured And uncured whats the potency differance ? Thanks

Cured(30 Days) And uncured dried out a few Days whats the potency difference ? Thanks

Well I can tell you that the longer you cure it up to 4 to 6 months the smoother the smoke, the better the taste, the greater the smell. The perceived difference in effects is great. Never seen studies on actual numbers.

Comment

• DrPhoton
      DrPhoton commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea i agree Redwasp

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      " and who knows what else is in the weed." Sounds like a theological argument. Magical thinking based on faith.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      starramus oh come on, you know the fairy dust that gets sprinkled on each and every cannabis plant that is loved?

Potency meh! Perceived is huge
    drying = cold dry at 50% humidity for 2-3 weeks then final trim and cured for 2-3 month (or longer )
    and it will be amazing try to maintain cure at 62% rh and you'll take mid grade cannabis to top shelf
    Last edited by Camk; 11-24-2018, 10:49 PM.
    4'x 6' x 8' room
    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
    sunshine mix #4
    mega crop nutes
    current grow
    cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Comment

• frank420
      frank420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your opinion I appreciate it .My Buds so far are not even Mid-grade .The grow has gone great no problems top shelf Seeds and nukes Under two 400 Watt HPS?MH ?
      Are you saying Buds that are not cured ,Should not be expected to be good?
      Goodnight Camk

Quite a difference
    4'x 6' x 8' room
    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
    sunshine mix #4
    mega crop nutes
    current grow
    cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Comment

Un-cured buds contain more chlorophyll and other less desirable compounds. Cured buds contain less undesirable compounds and therefore are theoretically more potent or concentrated.
      There are studies that suggest terpenes interact with THC and CBD to create a cocktail of effect on the brain/body. Cured buds have more developed terpenes than uncured ones do.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Camk
        Camk commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said! there is nothing as good as a properly cured bud the aroma taste smoothness is out of this world!!!

• frank420
        frank420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Toker1

frank420 there is a big improvement in every category, after its been dried an cured properly.
      Dont let the so called scientists fool you, they probably dont even smoke MJ, but they use big words and sound smart, though. Lol
      On your next harvest ,try some for yourself, Frank, and you will see, the difference.
      GoodLuck and welcome to GWE.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• frank420
        frank420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you

Theres been some good info mentioned already. Such as from Redwasp and Toker1. What i will add is that, curing does not increase THC levels as there is no additional cannabinoid biosynthesis after harvest and the often referred decarboxylation process is very insignificant. So the actual aspect of why curing makes such a large difference likely resides outside the main cannabinoids itself. Such as with the isomerization of terpenes or the efficiency of ingestion through less harsh smoke.
      Written Articles:
      Light Metric Systems
      Using Light Efficiently
      The Light Cycle Debate
      Environment Conditions
      Grow Light Technologies
      How To Compare Grow Lights
      To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
      Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
      Facebook
      Twitter
      Instagram

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes in essence weight will be lost as water and CO2 during curing

• frank420
        frank420 commented
        Editing a comment
        So if my Buds are not potent now they never will be?Dam I can not figure this out .Thank you for your opinion

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        If your buds were dried incorrectly. Excessive heat or light... yes you could have potentially degraded the THC content. That forever alters potency if that was the case.

"Such as with the isomerization of terpenes or the efficiency of ingestion through less harsh smoke."

I would tend to go with the latter. Would you furnish more clarification on the isomerization of terpenes? Make me a believer.
      Last edited by starramus; 11-25-2018, 04:47 PM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

• DrPhoton
        DrPhoton commented
        Editing a comment
        No im with you on ingestion, i only add terpenes as a possibility or as a additional factor.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Starramus, terpenes do transform throughout curing, which is why 3-months cured bud smells different from 3 weeks.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course they smell fruitier, but that is not what we are talking about. We is talkin about how high youze gets!

frank420 There are some disagreements about what curing does to cannabis, but everyone agrees that it makes for a smoother smoke or vape. Give your curing cannabis another month and then try again. If you are really curing it properly--in the correct RH range, with proper burping, in a cool, dark place--, you will see its colors change and smell its aromas transform.

It is akin to ageing wine or curing tobacco: the buds aren't "dead" by any means, they are still ripening.

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        An imo ,getting more potent, too.,up to a point, but like I said ,I'm no scientist ,just a heavy duty smoker,lol ,and dont even bother to look up the big words, I couldn't understand them if I did.
        HappyGrowing.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        isomerization is merely the rearrangement of atoms in the terpene molecules. that is what is causing the change in fragrance. Some of the most kick ass weed i have smoked had little or no fragrance. This year's White Russian is like that. Our stoner maid will vouch for that.

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Well just smoke it like you like it. That's why we grow our own so to each their own. If you like it the moment its dry go for it. I prefer cured for a long time. We are now back to the word "percieved." No way to measure how one feels and that's all that matters.

Part of "percieved" to me is the enjoyment of the aroma of each strain, the taste of the smoke or vapor, the smell after the exhale. These things make me happy and put a huge smile on my face. So part of the "percieved" stone would have to include these things for me. They make me happy so therefore increases the overall enjoyment which would make me perceive a better high.

Here are some PHOTOS

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X