Newbie first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie first post

I'm a newbie sort of. Been gleaning info from this site for a couple years now. I really love the info I get here and decided to join the party on the forum. Have been trying to advance each grow with what I learn. I've had a 26oz harvest with 2 plants under 1000wt hid and a 19oz with 1 plant under the same lights. I've been using the scrog methods but just don't seem to be getting it yet. This grow I've gone all out . I've gone to using LED's after a lot of research I settled on Fluence spyder 330 wt. Growing White Widow in smart pots with coco coir. Using general hydroponics nutes. Original screen was 5'x4. The new setup is 3'x7' The jury is still out on the LED's original I was planning on using 2 600wt HID's. Concept was to get a better light distribution with the 2 600's then I ran into the LED's I'm using. My only comment on the LED's I'm using if they bloom like they veg ought to be interesting. Threw my hands up 4 and half weeks ago and flipped the switch to 12/12. Main stems were like celery stalks with leaves and would break trying to weave them. Would appreciate anyone's advice if they have used these lights and just what the hell to do with this grow now. This is 4 and 1/2 weeks after flipping the switch. They have been defoliated twice

Happy Thanksgiving cardshooter, The girls look great, just keep doing what you're doing.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Absolutely amaizing. I think you are the first here with a top shelf LED fixture. Your scrog looks great

Comment

Thanks uncledoug. See your running the vipraspectra's. How's your yields? Was considering those lights at one time.

Well 9fingerleafs. Can't imagine I'm the first one on here with these lights. Was really hoping there were others. I'm serious about the veg of these damn things, Frankenstein. Not sure I like it. Did not turn them up to 100% till started to flower. Checked out your cfl scrog. Nice grow with that type of light.

Happy Thanksgiving to the both of you

Comment

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          Good morning cardshooter, I've only done a couple grows so far, my 1st grow was last February. 1st grow yielded 4+oz from 1 Blue Mystic and 2nd grow,10+oz from 3 Northern lights. The reason I went with Vipraspectra, Good price,lots of good reviews, cheaper electric bill.
          Last edited by uncledoug; 11-23-2018, 05:34 PM.

I always found LED doesn’t yeild as well as HPS does.
        All the hype surrounding LEDS in this industry is astounding. Maybe I just haven’t seen the right gear yet.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I could never see myself spending that much on a light alone. My HPS keeps me nice and happy. Plus the price is just right for my interests. Lol

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah they’re too expensive for me too. And I don’t pay electricity so I dont care about efficiency. Marvelous pieces of technology tho

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I guess that’s what happens when you get NASA to design your grow light.

cardshooter Welcome to the forum!! With a 26-oz harvest under your belt, you sure got my respect!!! Your girls look lovely.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks again. Well Toker1 we'll just have to wait and see say another 5-6 weeks LOL. But agree with your statement. I spent months looking at LED's till my eyes crossed. Then I came across the old style BML's on you-tube and what some of the growers were getting with the big dawg 1200's. Then I saw a grower on Yahoo news in MA when MA was legalizing their marijuana. They were also running Fluence LED's. So I thought what the hell and bit the bullet for a pair of 330wts which I'm hoping will be a 600HID equivalent. They also have a different spectrum than the old BML's.. What I do like about them is I have a very even light distribution across the entire table no "hot spots". Like I said we'll just have to wait and see, if they bloom like they veg.....

Thought I'd throw this in this morning. This picture is of my last grow this last spring. It's a single plant. It was a 70/30 sativa indica cross of a Hawaiian strain. Using a 1000wt HID Yield was 19.25oz of bud and 2.5oz of trim that I gave to a fellow for his cookies LOL

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            cardshooter. Beautiful plant an pictures. You are doing great, keep up the excellent work.
            Have a nice weekend! !

Thanks D.A.A.S.69 but I'm incorrect on the picture. This was my 26oz grow with 2 plants under a 1000wt HID system. These were from some seeds that Hermied on another grow. One plant was Habiba a pure Indica the other one was an unknown verity. They both Hermied in Schultz potting soil. I've gotten smarter since then. LOL These plants were in promix in a 40gal pot

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            cardshooter you are very welcome, buddy.
            That was a great haul.
            You ain't messing around, when it comes to pot sizes are you ?
            40gallon, wow!! If I had to buy my soil, I couldn't afford to fill one of those up, lol
            Your gonna do great, I know!!
            Have a nice weekend, my brother.
            HappyGrowing
            Ps, what is a cardshooter, a professional poker player??

LMAO D.A.A.S.69. No I'm not a pro poker player. Here in the winter months we have card shoots for meat. Other than this little hobby its my favorite thing to do this time of year.
          Last edited by cardshooter; 11-24-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Down South, where we live, we call them things, Turkey shoots, whoever gets the most number 4s, in the bullseye, wins a live Turkey, lol.
            Fun as Hell, too!!
            Your a good grower, I know that much.

Have a mellow evening! ! Ole Buddy.
            Cloud

LOL yeah its the same thing here sort of. But the meat ain't on the hoof LMAO. The club where I shoot does the X's also but we also shoot most in. Our guns are chocked so tight they would blow up with 4's.. Not sure how PC this website is so we might need to drop this. Very much appreciate your comments on the grow. I do strive very hard to grow top shelf product, its why I'm here.

Take very good care of yourself my new friend. Just cracked a fresh "Bud"weiser getting ready for some turkey! LOL

Comment

Thought I would open this back up. Just past wk7. have brought in a couple 2' t5 UV-B's. Set those up yesterday over Lettuce head. Put on the second scrog to hold up some of the buds. Been having some problems. First was damn fungus Gnats then into almost wk 6 discovered my PH runoff was FN CRAP Had not checked that in awhile.. Big mistake!!!! have corrected that since but certain that is going to hurt my harvest also. Will be harvesting 2nd week of January see what I've ended up with. Do a little summary of this grow also when I'm jarred

Hope everyone had a great Christmas

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking great my friend

• cardshooter
              cardshooter commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks 9fingerleafs but this is a far cry from what I've been doing. If I break a pound on this one I'll be lucky. Lot of bud in it but its all small. This Widow is not a heavy hitter on quantity but I should have done much better. Tried to many things at once on this grow. So the only thing I can blame it on is the grower! LOL

Well have disconnected the t5 uv-b's put quiet the hurt to Lettuce Head. But raising the LED's has fired up the buds on the other plants. Started putting on some new growth! Start my flush in a couple days

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X