Need help I have some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Need help I have some questions

I bought a plant it was supposed to be guaranteed female it turned male if I want to grow again can I bleech the room and surrounding areas and start again also can I bake soil to get out anything else that may be growing in it?

Welcome, Kayla
    Sorry to hear that your plant was a boy. Unless you have a pest problem or some type of disease in your grow space, it shouldn't be necessary to disinfect the room. Normally, feminized seeds are very reliable so the only other concern would be if some environmental stress caused some hermaphroditism. Buy some good genetics from a reputable breeder and try again.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Avoid bleach because it leaves a residue. So unless you want to bleach, dry, wash, and dry again I would go for an organic cleaner for the walls and what not. H202 and rubbing alcohol are also good cleaners that you can apply once and be done.
      gbauto is correct. If the environmental factor is still present (like maybe a light leak or something) cleaning the place will not be enough to avoid this same outcome for the next grow.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Thank you guys I was told the pollen from the male could infect my new female could that happen

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Spraying with plain water will kill any remaining pollen.
          Last edited by Toker1; 11-20-2018, 12:34 PM.

Will these work for LEDs for tempary until I can order some

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe for seedlings and small clones. I have never used that kind of LED though. You really want the blue spectrum for growth. You can pick up compact florescents at Home Depot (or similar) that have a nice blue spectrum. I have used those with success before.
          Maybe someone else has experience here with these bulb types.

Thank you I will pick some up at home Depot I appreciate your help I don't want another plant to mess up it is a waste of time to grow it for it to turn male especially when there supposed to be guaranteed female

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          No prob. If you don’t mind me asking...Where did you get your genetics from?
          Only time I used to get seeds/herms is when I grew them from bag seed.

I bought them at a store in Sudbury called wacky Robbie's it's a store that sells bongs and seeds and pipes

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm. I can’t find any seed reviews from this place online. Only smoking accessory reviews. Looks like it used to be Whacky Willy’s before.
          I would stick with seed breeders (seeds that are sealed inside breeders packaging) and seed banks that have a good reputations. Anyone can sell a seed, but not everyone knows about proper back crossing and other breeding practices to avoid things like herms from happening.
          Research the seed company or bank and read what others are saying about it first before purchasing.

I will do that thank you so much do you have any recommendations on seed banks

Comment

Originally posted by Toker1 View Post
        Avoid bleach because it leaves a residue. So unless you want to bleach, dry, wash, and dry again I would go for an organic cleaner for the walls and what not. H202 and rubbing alcohol are also good cleaners that you can apply once and be done.
        gbauto is correct. If the environmental factor is still present (like maybe a light leak or something) cleaning the place will not be enough to avoid this same outcome for the next grow.
        Remember when using H2O2 to get food grade(35%), not the stuff at the drugstore. Big difference in the ingredients and quality of the outcome. Big price difference too. Heavy metals are commonly used as stabilizers in nonfood grade H2O2. Big hazard! Be careful.
        "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point. I was speaking of the food grade quality H2o2. It needs to be diluted with water prior to use.
          Last edited by Toker1; 11-20-2018, 02:32 PM.

Thank you I will look into herbies and sol seed and see if I can find some I like do you have a favorite that turned out good with good quality and quantity

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I liked critical sensei star by delicious seeds a lot. Most of the critical strains are a good choice.
          Nirvana seed’s Wonder Woman is another good one. Heavy yeilder too.
          I’ll be popping the sour kush and sky walker kush next. These are by Reserva Privada. They also seem very promising. What’s good about herbies site is they have a strain search section that can guide you to their common strains for specific qualities.

Thank you I will be trying a few of them I appreciate your time and help my cheese plant has sprouted and is doing well in the cleaned area now it's just the wait to see if it will stay female wish me luck I'm not to sure about the place I bought them from since one had already turned

Comment

Try 420 guy seeds great choices and they are great seeds. There's others on the site using his seeds.

Comment

I recommend seedsman you can get free seeds with every orser plu bitcoin freebies. But good luck and happy growing
            Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

I bought from Nirvana seeds because they have less to chose from & I have trouble choosing, but I have had success with them thus far. Many are having sales this weekend for black friday so check them all out. Most of all good growing ☮
              "Not all that glitters is gold, not all that is sticky is tar." proverb ☮☮☮

Comment

Thanks so much guys does anyone no any natural nutritients I can give my plant maybe something that most people would have in a home would egg shells or coffee grounds work?

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes...if you compost them. You can turn food scraps into usable soil. Look up composting. There is a community of growers that use compost regularly. Maybe someone with more experience at this can chime in.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X