No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oldjarhead100 what is the one strain you have already had pop up?

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      it was a Jack herer but it didn't make it so Ill pick a new one

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      OJH, I didn’t know you could still get the original strain, just the jock horror like I have. If I had some true jack I’d have to grow her outside in one of my fields. I’ve seen pix of them 15+’ tall with buds the size of my arm!

Ok I think I have most everyone and have most everyone's strains posted on that post with all the names. So far I think we just havent heard from

starramus who was going to grow gg4, PRIMO, and bhaskaraphoenix

Comment

Boy I am really annoyed this morning. So far all of my Blue Tooth From MSNL have sprouted and are doing fine. I ended up planting 5 of them. And I now have 5 of them.

However the auto ak47 from msnl has had only 2 out of 5 sprout. The 3 that have not popped all have tails and have had them for several days. They just started and I guess said well boys I think this is a perfect place to set up camp. They are not showing any signs of dying but also zero signs of growing. Uggg God damn reshipment seeds. As bad as free seeds. Lol

Comment

Thing 2 is above ground, still waiting on Thing 1
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20181206_093042.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	273164

Comment

Redwasp Yuppers I guess I'm in. I ordered a batch of seeds from the new guy, seven days from cash out til seeds in, great service Paul. And thanks to D.A.A.S.69 for the glowing recommendation of newguy 420. On 12/1 I soaked two Sweet tooth seeds 24 hrs. then put inna zip bag in a folded moist paper towel under a desk lamp with a 150 eq. 40 watt true 6500 cfl @ about 3 in. for warmth they cracked 24 hrs. so into rapid rooters and solo cups with my preferred soil now 2in. tall under three of the 150 cfls 24/0 . I germinate in a clear solo cup, set into a red solo to block light but I can check root development whenever. I invert another clear on top to create a humidity dome that I take off for a few hrs. of fresh air each day until they are ready to rock 0n. In a couple of weeks they'll go in 3 gal. smart pots under a Sun 315 L.E.C. in my 48x48x80.

Last edited by PRIMO; 12-07-2018, 05:50 PM. Reason: Reason for editing? Cause I was HIGH, why else?

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Great. I Will update the list. Thanks

This is something that many first time auto growers dont think about because everything in most of the literature says that autos dont like many nutrients. Well some do not like alot, some like about average or the same as photos, and some like alot of nutrients. The seed company can help advise you on this, you can look up others grow journals on your strain, or you can go and use trial and error and common sense. There are grow journals online on every strain I've ever seen for sale.

Most autos also do great with lst/fming and Low stress training. Some like to be defoliated more than others. Again look up grow journals, talk to the breeder, or trial and error.

I have not seen a major difference in yields due to pot size on most autos. I have used 3 gallon hard pots. 5,7, and 10 gallon fabric pots and they all were very close to each other in size and yield. Now there are some mega sized autos out there that would greatly benefit from 7 gallons or larger. I think fast buds tangimatic is 1.

This one goes without saying but check your plants everyday preferably twice a day. Things happen. Things go wrong or break etc and you can lose everything including burning your house down if you do not check them everyday.

Anyways I am sure my voice has worn out its welcome. But was trying to pass on a few tips until someone starts doing it too. Then the next person can etc. Lol Pass out tips or what works for you.
          Last edited by Redwasp; 12-06-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks - I have been looking at other grows (mostly as a voyeur) but now I gotta go back and check how they fed

HOMEWORK??

LOL - I love it, now I don't have to feel as dirty looking at those other grows 😁

So, these pictures were taken yesterday for Red when I was getting some info about my light and the heat it’s putting out. Anyway, I started a blue cheese that wasn’t growing and I popped another seed in right next to it, so I might be growing 2....Ms. Kraft and maybe Ms. Kraft Jr. I’m trying a flux method in a custom box I built just for this competition. I use a all natural soil grow and don’t use any nutrients in my grows other than terpinator. I’ve never used cal mag, but would love to get some info on it and the best brand to use if anyone want to chime in.
          It would be interesting if both seeds pop. There’s gonna be some gnarly twisting and training going on in a box I built for just one girl. My tent is a 2X3X5’, I’m running a 450 vipraspectrem light 24/7, I have a ceramic heater and t stat set for 65, but have been dealing with way too much heat from the light. I think me and Red have that sorted now tho. I’m using a 5” fan over the box and I’ll hang my 9” fan from the top. I’m using a 450-600cfm exhaust fan and 20” filtration charcoal filter for when that stank starts...lmao
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah it’s a little cramped but, if things get too out of hand I’ll just pull out what I have to. Otherwise, everything’s set and ready to go or is it grow?

. Click image for larger version  Name:	9D8BD82B-60B4-4C01-BEC1-495B077244CD.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.63 MB ID:	273221

Yeah I definitely will. Lol I think I have it mapped out pretty good in my head. But I do have a question...I’ve been looking at sweet tooth grows and some are huge and some are basically micro. I guess I won’t know until it. Grows? But a plant with 80cm potential, will lst keep it under 2ft at least? I’m hoping for shorter than that. I’ll probably top too.

Things are pretty Gucci now. Just waiting...
          Click image for larger version

Name:	6E8BB90C-CDA7-4862-979E-FCD383DAC21E.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	273262
          Last edited by Juicyj89; 12-06-2018, 04:27 PM.
          “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
          192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
          3 Gal Smart Pots
          FoxFarm Trio
          +Open Sesame
          +Cha-Chang
          +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
          192w t5
          Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
          FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
          FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Depending on the strain and phenotype they may fit well. Or they may turn into trees. Lol

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Phew....gonna be a tight fit! Have fun with your LST

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Redwasp can you help me out with the question posted about?

Redwasp Retodd

just wanted to thank you both for spinning this up, and trying to herd a bunch of cats 😁

I am having a grand time, with only 1 strong little seedling and 1 moist rockwool plug,

I did drop another seed (hoping for some OJH 'positive' thinking)

Comment

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it can take a bit of trying to get everything in some kind of an order. If we were pretending to form a straight line it would look a bit like one of those roads up the mountains in Sweden or something. Lmao

Some nice looking seedlings coming up all over the place. I just got my Autocross pollinated today so I should have seeds next month. Poor thing looks like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, but it had a hard start. All things considered, she's doing fairly good.

Comment

Something made me go back and check on her. I think she earned her name. Thing 1, first of her line 😁

Comment

• Redwasp
              Redwasp commented
              Editing a comment
              Sweet love that sight

Hey so who knows Mr Paul Prochaska from n420g??
            “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
            192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
            3 Gal Smart Pots
            FoxFarm Trio
            +Open Sesame
            +Cha-Chang
            +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
            192w t5
            Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
            FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
            FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              I think @D.A.A.S. Is the one who exchanges emails with him

• Juicyj89
              Juicyj89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh well anyways, I’m sure a lot of you already know this but for those who don’t, he told me yesterday that if your growing an auto that stays small, such as White Moscow, that you should use a at least like 7 gallon pot so that they can reach their full potential. Remember, he said this. Not me. But I’d take his word for it. Any input is welcome.

Juicyj89 Juicy sorry my phone died after I typed my response. Do you mean 2 feet from the floor including the pot or the plant from soil as 2ft?

Anyways if you have alot of room to train your plant left, right, front, and back it should be easy to keep the plant itself under 2 feet. It may need lots of training, supercropping etc but can be done with good results. If you do not have alot of side room pray for a short pheno type.

Comment

• Juicyj89
              Juicyj89 commented
              Editing a comment
              20oz a plant??? How?!

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't gone wrong yet following any of LA's methods. Next round of flowering plants will get the Fluxing and Backbuilding treatments for what I expect to be heavy harvests. :)

Juicyj89 read this thread. This is the best one I’ve found on his fluxing technique. He planted in a 26” pot and I custom built my box for my this showdown

• Doubledealing72
              Doubledealing72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Retodd - that fluxing method looks awesome! I have done single mainlines for most of my grows, which is similar to his technique, just not nearly as intricate. Right now I'm doing a double mainline, and very excited to see the results.

I'm curious to see how fluxing an auto will go. Do you think you will be able to get as much time in Veg as you need? I noticed he let his plants go for like 3 months in veg. Then again, I don't do the traditional mainline that's laid out in this website. I just make sure I leave one node on when she has about 5 or 6 nodes. (now 2 nodes since I'm doing a double mainline.)

Anyway, thanks for the link! I would love to try that on the next go round!

The freak is showing growth, she has 2 new tops coming in!

Anyone make their own foilar spray (calmag)?

Foliar Feeding Spray Homemade

20 washed egg shells (can be toasted to kill bad stuff)
            1 gallon water
            1 Tbsp Epsom salt (may be able to up this to 2 Tbsp)

Add egg shell to water in a pot, bring to a rolling boil, cool 24 hours (letting egg shell steep)
            Strain to get rid of shell fragments, add Epsom salt. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.

Method 2; Fill a gallon jar with water, place egg shells in it and steep for 1 month, filter, add Epsom salt,,,,

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cannabis plants love their sweets - ? - I Foliar feed - with Foliar Essence, cane sugar based. Next week I'll start my spraying.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I googled the foilar essence and spent the rest of the day reading, I may add to the recipe a tabs of black strap, and add the black strap the watering cycle. And I will add powdered milk to the garden (I have lots of it) I know fresh whole raw milk is the best but, the powder is free.

Thing 1 is up! Click image for larger version

Name:	20181207_095555.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	273542

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X