Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd gen Clones and Seeding

Hello!
    i really dont want to loose this strain that I currently have. I currently have clones of clones and all of them seem to be experiencing some twisted growth. My current plan is to collodial silver one of the plants and let them pollinate the other two.
    Will the seeds have the same genetic degradation as these clones or will they be much stronger?

Thanks!!

You can take clones. I don’t recommend breeding seeds with out back crossing the parents first.
    perhaps the twisted growth could be due to environmental stress?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

You don't have shiny leaves to go with the twisted growth, do you? Want to make sure you don't have Broad Mites.
      Organic Soil,
      with molasses,
      In a Greenhouse with,
      Redneck engineering.

Comment

Genetic drift and degradation occurs over years of stress when cloning. If your 3rd generation is looking sad they just might be not too happy but they’re not genetically different.

Comment

If you pick one plant to keep as a mother, and then just take clones from it, that is how a lot of people keep from having that Genetic drift that 9fingers mentioned. It is possible to keep a mother plant going for years.
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I am sure it isnt broad mites. I want to femenize them so that I can pop some GDP. It may be the environment since they are growing in space buckets but one plant has both twisted growth and missing leaves. The other two are kinda growing regularly.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you want a specific strain, why not buy a seed of that strain?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X