Timing on harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing on harvest?

Why do you do, nutrient wise to get ready (Flush, etc) prior to chopping it down. How long prior to harvest do you start? (Asking for a friend:-)).

Failed to mention I use to grow in the dirt, that keep them in the dark thing only worked with the tax man, at least for me.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

I grow in soil so wait until all trichomes are cloudy , or the first signs of Amber- then plain water till harvest.
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with weed farm, I like a couple of weeks after first seeing amber.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      PRIMO Can you please explain some things to me about harvesting two weeks after first signs of amber? Two weeks later, aren't they all amber and falling apart?

My understanding (like from reading online, Clarke, Rosenthal) is that there's the "ideal" 72-hour harvesting period after which trichomes begin to degrade. I'm very interested to know what the triches look like when you harvest!!

Originally posted by RagWeedDWC View Post
    Why do you do, nutrient wise to get ready (Flush, etc) prior to chopping it down. How long prior to harvest do you start? (Asking for a friend:-)).

Failed to mention I use to grow in the dirt, that keep them in the dark thing only worked with the tax man, at least for me.
    I grow in SOIL..dirt is something else..LOL
    Seriously..I begin tapering off nutes about the time that I see 25% or so darkened pistils. When I see 50% + darkened pistils, I begin to flush (plain water) over a 2 week period. I also use a 48 hr dark period..not hoping to increase trichs etc, but to get a head start on the dry/cure..works for me. The only thing I use a breeder's estimates for are strictly as a guide to the above. ie: if I see darkened pistils at week 4..I would thin someone got pollinated.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point, the dirt I started growing in was not the soil I was using when I stopped. Thats what I have been looking for, just an ideal where to start on backing down the ferts. This is the first flower of a line coming behind it, so I can adjust fire on harvest. Just needed a ball park starting point. I Imagine hydro time frames may be a little shorter, but we will see. Thanks Brother.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160824_150345860.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	267418Click image for larger version

Name:	S20180507_0005.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	267419Click image for larger version

Name:	S20170213_0005.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	267420 Hi ATU I prefer em ripe. More amber seems to help relieve the aches and pains better for me, and doesn't seem to keep me awake thinking about shit half the night. Also it enables me to cut way back on prescription pain meds. These are just my thoughts on it, not proven fact. I guess Rosenthal has his opinions and I have mine. As far as what they look like well......

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      That what I'm talking about PRIMO
      NICE PICS.

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      I try Mr. F, I try. On a different note, could you please tell me, how do you attach the @ PRIMO in a comment. Thanks

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like you have a space @ PRIMO . PRIMO It has to be solid with no punctuation, properly spelled with capitalization, sometimes There will be a pop up with the name you can click on once you start spelling sometimes not.

Looks like a bit of wait, they were seeded at the same time, just grow 2 was vegged longer (All four seeds sprouted to my surprise). Trichromes all look clear in the one closer to harvest, second is a long ways away. Thanks for all the input
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X