Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long can I store mixed notes?

Hey

so I'm sick of filling a 20l bucket twice every few days so just got a 100l water tank.

how long will nutes stay good when mixed. I have a air pump in it etc. I realise pH will fluctuate a little over that time.

I grow in coco. About 30l of water every 2 or 3 days.
    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..
    coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
    600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

That moment you realise auto correct changed nutes to notes :/
    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
    4gal fabric pots..
    coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
    600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      You should see what it does to duck!

Hahaha, well i don’t know for sure but if I had to guess I think the same time you would keep a reservoir before changing it in an hydro system. So that’s a month or two? I really don’t know

Comment

• RobM
      RobM commented
      Editing a comment
      So reality is a week should be fine then. Its inside and in a dark area.. I so wana move to full hydro.. just effort and learning a new system

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I use soil but I’ve seen many growers on YouTube doing flow and drain or dwc and they fill up the reservoir and add nutes. Then every week they add more water and the right amount of nutrients again. And they repeat this until they dump all the water and fill with fresh. Maybe two times per grow at most. Once after veg and another one before harvest

I like to mix mine fresh, use it and be done.
    I think the general consensus in the past was a week is "ok". I really don't know for sure but my assumption would be after combining together you would have loss due to reaction and/or evaporation over time.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Check with the nutrient(s) manufacturer- As each formula would have a different stability.
      I mix 2 feedings at once and use within 3 days for CocoTek.
      Everthing else, I mix the exact amount.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

In my hydro experience i change every two weeks from seed until they have 3 nodes, top off with nute water to correct ppm range. But as far as storage ive stored premixed nutrient water for up to 2 weeks with no side effects i use gh trio and hydrogaurd. But since ph will fluctuate i never ph until its time to go into the hydro (or waterings if u use soil.) Itll save you ph up and down in the long run. But i haven't premixed in quite sometime i jormally just do my changes or top offs with a fresh mixture.
        Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

This is my first hyrdro, had no ideal you were suppose to change out every week until I read on the vendors site(I think), it was the charts broken down by week. Added water when the PPM was stable, topped it off when it dropped with Nutes (what was required to bring it up). I have been thinking of adding a reservoir just to cut down on all the mixing and transferring. My plan was to flush and replace every 2 weeks.
          Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 11-10-2018, 04:44 PM.
          Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel
          Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
          New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
          Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X