Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering Seeds

What's up everyone,
    This is my second grow inside and I want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck, so I want to order some good strains to make sure I start off better than I have before in the past, First Question which seed banks ship them to the US the fastest. some of these places have like a 4 week estimated delivery window. Second question since I'm growing it in a state where its not legal should I have them sent to another address? I want to hear everyone's thoughts and onions on this please. This is new to me im used to having some help with my grows from my local guy but that's currently out of the situation.
    Any help and insight would be awesome.

I’ve only ordered seeds once so far and it was from Nirvana. They only sell their own strains but they are top notch. Paid with a CC and received my seeds in 2 weeks (I’m in the US as well) new420seedsguy seems to be a popular choice on GWE for a US seed bank. Others will have more experience but wanted to share.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-not-screw-up

Comment

I’m also in a State that acts like it’s 1950 regarding legalization but I wouldn’t worry too much about ordering seeds getting you in trouble.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-not-screw-up

Comment

• RobX117
        RobX117 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've read horror stories about it, so I shouldn't worry about having them sent straight here

• KenneyHo
        KenneyHo commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve never heard of anyone getting in trouble for ordering seeds, however I’m still a beginner myself and would put greater stock into the opinions of more seasoned seed orderers.

oh yeah here is the start of setting up, checking to see how many pots fit in for a visual refence and checking temps, carbon filter and fan are on the way, also thinking of building a cloneing station at the top

Comment

If you want a seed company that delivers quickly to the US, why not use a US based seed company?
        new guy 420’s webpage didn’t impress me. Lack of genetic information available makes me think less of those types of providers.
        I used Sol seeds and was happy with the outcome.
        Herbies is a great bank with great selection, only they are based on the UK and that might not be what you are looking for.
        Yes, you can have them shipped to your home. Sol seeds wraps the packages inside an x-ray proof pouch... so no standard method of checking the package will lead to them flagging your package. They literally would have to open your package, open the sealed pouch, then remove the seed packages from the sealed pouch in order to find the seeds inside. So the odds are better due to their discrete shipping methods.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

You should check out Greenpoint seeds, US based all around excellent to work with

Comment

I understand that we can only ‘recommend’ a grower to the extent we feel positive abuot a grower, but I’d like know what it is that decides you on your choices.
            i think I would like to hear which growers you *shun*, and why. A word of warning is worth having.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Anyone can breed a seed. It’s easy to do. Not everyone knows about backcrossing strains to limit genetic variables.
              That’s where I draw the line. I look for breeders I know and trust. My wife lived in Amsterdam during the early 2000’s and met many many seed breeders by visiting their establishments and testing their products. So I have some hands on experience that can not be read in a book.
              Here is what to look for when finding new seeds...If a breeder/seed bank has established a good reputation through out the years, you can find this information easily online. For example herbies has been in the seed business for 20 years or something like that. You don’t last that long in the industry by selling under par quality products.
              I stay away from recommendations of “new to the game” seed banks.and breeders. Sure, they might have given a buddy a good product...but if you get something less. You may not find out until after the grow is all finished.
              I’m not a gambler, and I am skeptical of any seed providers until they prove to me that they know their seeds are stable. Otherwise I can buy unstable seeds off Craigslist for $1 per seed anyday here in Cali.
              If the research doesn’t pan out...or the reputation isn’t spectacular I say move on. Plenty of decent seed providers out there that have this information available and are not afraid to share it. Always start with the best, unless you are willing to take a gamble on your effort/time/$.

Check out Robert Bergman’s? Seed store,quick,easy,C.C. Friendly and if lost or if thay don’t germinate thay will replace with no questions asked,luv this place. I’ve ordered about once a year for the past 4 years with great service and good seeds that germinate easily the selection is there own hence the garantee.

Comment

@NewGuy420, is hard to beat, imo.
              Got plenty of pictures to prove it, too,lol
              Have some buddies had bad luck with Sol, I've never ordered from them myself, though, But I have ordered from OregonEliteSeeds,and,SouthernOregonSeeds a couple of times, no problems either, just slower than NewGuy420 .
              Newguy, has impressed me, and several more folks on GWE, i believe,and on Autoflower.net.
              Anyway, wherever you get your seeds good luck.and have fun.
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

i hope i dont get in trouble for this but i got mine from here and they gave me a bunch of freebies and hooked me up extra the second time i ordered from them https://www.sensibleseeds.com/sensib...romotions.html

i do plan on giving seedsman.eu or whatever a try around christmas.

Comment

As mentioned before, I see many shortages with the web sites, new420guy for one needs to put upo more info, like THC/CBD content, make it clear as to are the seed fems or regular seed. Some are noted fems, and some are noted regular and some simply dont say what they are. So for his web site I have to take it that if the seed is $3 it is a regular seed, and if it is $6 it is fem (and so noted)

Do a lot of reading on what you want, before you buy!

And thanx for some more ideas as to where to get seed in the USA.

It is not just the new420guy that needs to put up more info!
                Last edited by Rwise; 11-09-2018, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Update Time!!, I ordered Seeds From New420Guy, and Nirvana Got both packages really quick got two things of free sour diesel, lol now i have other issues, They are stalling out im not sure if its the temp or humidity or over watering

Comment

• Toker1
                    Toker1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Stalling growth? Got Picts?

• RobX117
                    RobX117 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    absolutely

Comment

Ok just going to shoot into the sky on this but first how many grows have you had. And do you always start in a large pot?

Yes you can start in the plants final home. However it is the trickiest way to start unless you know how to water them in said home. I'll just venture to guess that they may need more frequent watering for awhile. NO do not water the whole pot. Slowly water in a donut shape around them growing ever bigger as the plant does. You may know this but I've seen so many needless seedling deaths over the last few months of people fearing overwatering.

Comment

• RobX117
                      RobX117 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Several Outdoor and this is my second indoor, first ones where nitrogen lock up and poor setup, yeah ive been used to starting with clones and probably should have dug a little deeper on my research, i'm going to water like every 3-4 days for now and only do it in small circles as you said i was watering them every other day or when the pots where light which was about on track it is every other day and get them through this lull

im bummed i ordered from gorilla seeds and never got the 1st order, had to go threw these timed hoops with them only had 24 hours to submit this paper saying my seeds never came, which they said were ceased by customs, then they said they would reship them after i came with in hours of not submitting their paper work, they reshipped them weeks ago, and the reship never came.....was Chemdawg seeds to. thats what i get for not using seedsman or nirvana

Comment

• Toker1
                      Toker1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Which seed company?

• growingforanxiety
                      growingforanxiety commented
                      Editing a comment
                      gorillaseeds.com

• Toker1
                      Toker1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So it looks like they have a decent online presence. Wondering what the issue might be.
                      I found this old thread from 4 years ago. Seems like this Shelly person would be your best bet. Maybe you can get in contact with her about this issue.
                      Another thing to consider is that everyone can read this public forum. So the people involved in the business will be more willing to solve the issue by making it public knowledge. Good luck!
                      Wanted to give everyone my opinion on gorilla seeds, I just received my order yesterday. First off, I ordered July 4th and received my seeds on the 26th, not that bad of timing from what I've read on here. Their customer service, however, is terrible. They don't answer emails, I sent 4 and...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X