What do you think I should do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What do you think I should do?

I feel like a worried mother taking care of these babies. I have two beautiful babies or so I thought. Recently I realized that my bottom leaves are having some issues. I have two plants in one 10 gallon Bubbleponics container that are about a week and a half into their flower phase. I realize now that they really should have been put into their own containers, but the roots were so entangled that it seems best to just train them to grow away from each other. The tent they are in is 48x24x72 and they have basically taken over the entire tent with the DWC container in the center of it. I think the the leaf issues that I saw today on the bottom of the plants are probably due to them running out of room and growing into each other. The problem only seems to be in the center of the DWC container. I am super worried that they are going to get moldy or have bud rot. I have been working hard this past week keeping the humidity in check, which has been a challenge because the weather has been super humid where I am. Just wondering if any one has any suggestions for me or ideas. Maybe I should defoliate some, maybe they are fine and I should stop worrying. There are fans on the bottom of the tent and an exhaust fan up top as well.

Hey PrincessPuss - this is a tough one for me(soil grower). I looked at that last pic a long time. To me it looks light-deprived. Or too wet, or both or neither.
    Don't do what I say here - but - if I was looking after it .........I have a hard time leaving my scissors in the cupboard when tending my plants........that being said - I would snip off the ugly. But not the branches.

​​​​
    ​​​​
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• PrincessPuss
      PrincessPuss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I took the scissors out of the tent a while ago because it made it to easy to trim. I have removed the dry crunchy leaves, and others that basically fell off when I touched them. I think tomorrow I will get out the scissors and go remove some of these leaves. Make it easier for them to get some air, and some light. Thanks again!

Well princess have u tried raising the lights? It could help. I don’t know much about DWC but with the led’s I loose lower leaves due to lack of light penetration 😎

Comment

• PrincessPuss
      PrincessPuss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I actually jut raised the lights yesterday. I wonder what would happen if I put a light on the bottom of the tent so the bottom leaves would get light. There is really no way for the light to get through to the bottom currently there is just too many leaves almost like the plants are a solid shelf.

Looks like the roots of certain branches got damaged somehow. Not sure if that's the problem but I've transplanted babies from the cloner to soil and to dwc buckets and have accidentally ripped some roots with my plant looking like a miniature version of your pictures. Leaves twisted and shriveling but in no real danger of losing the plant. I would honestly just chop the afftected branches and monster crop them or just toss em.

Comment

• PrincessPuss
      PrincessPuss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I have been wondering for some time if roots would get sucked into the submersible pump for the top feed. It appeared like maybe the top feed was not really pumping much water anymore. I am going to go study up more on monster cropping, and cut off the damage tomorrow. Thank you again!

Looks like a light penetration issue. Those lower branches won’t amount to anything to speak of in the end... best to get rid of that and focus on those tops! You can add a small light for lowers, but might not work out if the branches are hidden behind a huge stalk. Looks like a forest in there. Lol
    When do you plant to switch to flower?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• PrincessPuss
      PrincessPuss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! They are just shy of two weeks into flower. They are starting to flower now and it is so exciting to see the changes. This is my first grow. Thanks again.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem. Keep us informed on how it goes.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X