Mold!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Mold!!!

I got mold. Got half my plants before I discovered it. My question is, can the not so moldy stuff be used in cooking or making hash oil using Everclear?

what kind of mold we deal with a couple white powdery mildo and bud rot ,WPM can be treated with a spray or if it gets into buds they can be washed with h202, Bud rot is different it has to be cut off and tossed unaffected areas can still be used , Pictures can help id the mold
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• DeadlyNedly
      DeadlyNedly commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah, it's bud rot. got some plants bad, but some plants were only as far as the white web type when bud rot starts (and only a few spots had mold).

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      @DeadlyMedly if they got budrot, they are going in the garbage can, just as soon as I cut them down ,not worth the chance, to catch lung rot..or worse, when you buds get big an fat, you got to watch really close everyday, to watch out for it.
      Sure hate that stuff.

Here is the deal. You obviously can’t smoke it. Most people will tell you to toss it.
    I have never had bud rot before, but I have heard of people making ISO hash and filtering the final product through an 8-10 micron filter to mechanically remove spores.
    Also keep in mind that the decarb process will cook any spores. Most spores can not survive temps 150F and above for very long.
    With that being said, just be very careful to practice safe methods when dealing with this kind of issue. It’s your health, possibly the health of others, at stake.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I agree totally.

Comment

Howdy DeadlyNedly, I would not try to consume any moldy weed, but One could try to decarb it and eat it. If You do try it, please have Your next=of=kin let us know how it works out! LOL!
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Most people don’t realize we actually breathe in mold spores every day. Typically does nothing to us. The body easilily defends itself from this type of attack. Now in the case of a compromised immune system (ie chemo therapy patients and what not), these spores can be deadly.

CDC Mold Web site provides information on mold and health, an inventory of state indoor air quality programs, advice on assessment, cleanup efforts, and prevention of mold growth, and links to resources.
          Last edited by Toker1; 11-06-2018, 03:37 PM.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            SinsemillaScientist sorry to hear about the disorder. Yes, this is a reality for some people. I couldn’t even imagine what that must be like.

• SinsemillaScientist
            SinsemillaScientist commented
            Editing a comment
            Day by day brother smile as often as you can, thats the best advice I have on this earth, it won't just make you feel better its contagious and sincere.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s some great advice. I’ll remember that one!

Me too! Thanks guys for all the support.

Comment

What I have read on mold is, the spores are not killed with heat, nor are they killed with cold, and they cannot be filtered out. Though it is true that these same spores are in the air we all breath, they are more concentrated in our buds.
            So what I am saying is do your homework, and make your own choice as to what to do, may be best to just be safe.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Anything that size can be filtered out, not sure where you read that...but it’s sinply not true. And it’s not the heat, but the drying out process that kills spores. They can not survive dry environments, which heat will cause when the RH remains constant (like inside an oven).
              Spores are designed to travel with the wind, so handeling the buds, drying them... this all lowers the concentration in the buds themselves.
              Might not be good for senselitive people, but people who don’t have a sensitivity issue are exposed to spores everyday with out any ill effect.
              Last edited by Toker1; 11-07-2018, 09:48 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X