In-Flower Pruning ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In-Flower Pruning ?

Lots of buds in week 4 but some are obviously babies and many other ones are huge and right on top. Do you believe it’s a good idea to keep the little ones growing and even though small, can be nice sized little buds OR, is it better to cut them off and keep the ‘energy’ flowing to the bigger buds? My immediate thought is, they’re buds....let ‘em grow. What do you all think?

I Target 15 colas per plant. Dry weight can be from 3.5 grams to 17 grams per top depending on genetics and environment. The little "popcorn" buds are a pain in the a$$ to trim and just go in my hash bags, so I always recommend Lollipopping as great way to grow bigger top colas. ultimately it comes down to personal choice for ones personal environment.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
      I Target 15 colas per plant. Dry weight can be from 3.5 grams to 17 grams per top depending on genetics and environment. The little "popcorn" buds are a pain in the a$$ to trim and just go in my hash bags, so I always recommend Lollipopping as great way to grow bigger top colas. ultimately it comes down to personal choice for ones personal environment.
      What he said...I just don't have hash bags,i give them to my cat lol...check out some scrog grows,thats almost how my plants get stripped..Could actually be from my maximum to my minimum light distance,i have to check...Bud length anywhere form 2" to 10" long... I do keep the middle ones growing up from the biggest/main colas but that also depends on how much she promises on giving...On GSC auto i read people don't get a great yield so on my ones im gonna scrog to maximize that!

Keep it Green
      Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
      600W

LED
      2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
      BioBizzLight Mix
      Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
      Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
      Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
      CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
      Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

My mistake was not switching to flower at 4 weeks... as a result, they got big in veg and huge in flower stretch and of course, so bushy and thick they are budding all over. Did lst and did top.

Comment

I remove the tiny stems at the bottom of the plant that get zero light. I leave the buds on my main stems even if they get very little light. I remove all fan leaves that are blocking light to buds but that's about all the pruning/defoliating I do. Now this week I am having to remove several hundred leaves a day from just 1 set of plants so i remove more than it sounds or looks like.

My yields are excellant and I dont want my buds any bigger than they get now due to fear of bud rot and how much harder it would be to dry/cure properly. As far as that popcorn bud goes I almost always get at least an ounce of of them and they are not actually small. I can send some pics of popcorn buds tomorrow. My wife says they are not but I disagree. I usually use those for edibles etc so will never give them up.

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know.... I am going to prune off several clusters of leaves that are 2-4” across compared to the bigger well lit ones that are 6-10” wide. Those popcorn buds are in several spots, some very low, some in the middle in the deep bush so I am rotating the plants and adding a diagonal light to help boost their growth, I HOPE

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X