Outdoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor

Not sure whether to water my actual plant during veg.
    Set up on a veranda but put them under shelter when it rains.Also can i water the leaves during flowering.
    I know the buds shouldnt get wet.Thought the plant might need to be washed sometimes or cooled off on hot days.
    would appreciate the advice.

You did come to the right place Shaun! Welcome to GWE buddy!

Since you are growing outside,you should check out LuckyAcres 's Outdoor Growing Basics writeup .He is mental in outdoor growing together with Green75 .You can read about How often to water your plants written by GWE founder(s) .Also i don't know where you are but be sure to stay on top of your Temperature !

Happy growing!
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      From one of his posts it appears he is 180 degrees out of phase with us. Meaning in the southern hemisphere. I am gonna guess he is in Australia.

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      He is in Africa

Thanks Nartak,good to meet you.
    Forgot to add that i have always left my plants out before,always left the watering to the elements and given tap water "left out for 2days" when there hasnt been rain.Was never concerned about ph.
    Last year i started using nutrients,what a differece.
    I have just started this seasons grow and im pumped.Got top quality genetics ,ph tester and fresh nutrients.
    thanks for your help. Will check out those sites.
    regards Shaun

Comment

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      The links are part of the Grow Weed Easy site,this is the forum

How old are your plants? What size pots are they in ?@Shaun. Welcome to GWE
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks for response, Soaked the seeds for a day &half then put them straight into a seedling mix.
      Pot size is about 1 litre. Should have started off smaller,soil is taking long to dry out.Will use less water once soil is dry enough. Pushed through the soil a week ago.

Comment

• Nartak
        Nartak commented
        Editing a comment
        2-3 table spoons till they get their 2nd node. 100-150ml after that and excuse me for not linking you the guide but im still in neverland(just woke up) ...

Most of us overwater seedlings,and by most of us i mean us newbies that lurk around and read but still are too excited to focus on the task so we shake from excitement and drop extra water on the seedlings..(Hell of an excuse right? )

Thing is you water an inch away from your plants stem in a circle around it. So the roots work themselves to the edge of the pot and don't go straight down,thus giving you more root mass = stronger,sturdier,well performing plant!! After 6 or so nodes you can start using more water and allowing the water to cover the whole pot . The plant will tell you within 1-3 hours if you overwatered...

Seems you are on top of it anyhow and you are doing your homework,congrats buddy!!

Thanks Nartak,still getting used to this forum.

Comment

It's not to bad to get a some water on the leaves during vedge, and washing them off in vedge isn't bad. Don't want them soggy all the time, though.
        Water on your buds during flower IS bad though, cause it can help mold to get started.
        Organic Soil,
        with molasses,
        In a Greenhouse with,
        Redneck engineering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X