Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if the plant is ok

Hello
    Last time I posted on here someone had pointed out that the plant I'm growing may have spider mites due to the appearance of white dots on the leaves. I don't think this is the case because I went back through my pictures and there were dots on the leaves as soon as they sprouted. However, I accidentally tore one of the leaves as I was trying to closely examine it, and it then became discolored, as well as the leaf across from it. Those seem to be the only leaves affected, but some of the other ones are showing the beginning of discoloration as well. I thought it could have something to do with a pH imbalance after researching it, so I made sure to adjust the water I was using accordingly. It seems to be continuing growth, but let me know any ideas/ advice you might have based on these pictures. Thank you!!

What kind of soil are they in? Is it “hot” or contain many nutrients already?
    Have you fed any liquid nutrients?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Toker1. I mixed a very small amount of the root zone into the potting mix .I have no idea if these are ideal

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        So I usually use a light soil with no mixed in nutrients for the first week or 2. Once the plant gets a few nodes established, I’ll do a light feed at half the recommended dosage.
        For a plant this small, just water in the soil should do fine. I would skip the dr earth root zone. I assume this is mixed with the soil? You have more control using liquid feeds than ones premixed into soil like this.
        Last edited by Toker1; 10-30-2018, 01:48 PM.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        She looks lovely, but perhaps just the slightest touch of nutrient burn? I agree w/ Toker1. When I start feeding seedlings, I start at around 25% strength, but not until the second week.

Toker1. alltatup. Thank you!! Yes, the nutrients were mixed into the soil . Do plants recover from nutrient burn or do you think it will continue to affect the plant?

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        The plant should recover if that’s the only issue. Might benefit to flush it a bit. Just to wash out the excessive nutrients.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        And then let her get strong. That will happen over the next couple of weeks. Then she'll take off like a rocket.

Those cups are small to begin with, and being only half full of soil the roots have nowhere to go I'd repot to one a little larger, pre soak the soil the with ph 6 water overnight, Get some light on them and leavem alone for a while.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with PRIMO, He knows what he is talking about !! Just look at some of his grows,
        Do those cups have drainage holes, ?

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        See picture below. It’s not too small for the size it is right now.
        Check out “solo cup challenge” on this forum if you want to see larger fully budding plants in small solo cups.
        Last edited by Toker1; 10-30-2018, 02:28 PM.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Check out this guy weasel... from seed a bit over 100 days in this small cup. Yeilded 42 grams. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ove-fan-leaf-s

I have seen larger than this in a small solo cup. Although I never let them get bigger than this before I transplant.

Comment

Here is Nebula showing us a small cup plant at the end of its grow cycle on you tube. Don’t limit yourself just because somebody told you that you couldn’t do something.
        I wouldn't recommend growing a plant in a solo cup from seed to harvest, unless you intentionally want to stunt your plants. That being said, this grow sure ...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X