brown area on leaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brown area on leaf

Yikes... I just noticed that one of the leaves has a large brown area on it... in a panic I yanked the leaf off of the plant. What do you think is going on?☹️😬Many thanks for your help.

Ph would be my guess
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Thank you. I just looked it up and I think you’re correct. I ordered Fox Farm “Big Bloom” concentrate, which I hope will balance the phosphorus. This is all still so new to me... soooo much to learn!!!

Comment

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay well the Big Bloom wont really have a significant effect on the increase of phosphorus. But when i said ph i meant pH or potential Hydrogen. Not phosphorus. But i saw you mention something about a pH meter and also about under watering. Good news on the tester as it will help immensely and as far as under watering, water til you have about 20% run off i believe. And then only water when the soil is dry up to your first knuckle or so. And again with the big bloom. Its kinda like a micro nutrient mix and is good for roots and over all plant vigor. Hope this helps. Also, all the info you need is most likely already on GWE. Just search for it and more than likely, it'll pop up, with detailed information. Good luck and happy growing.

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well i tried

Did you look up the conditions of phosphorus deficiency? One thing strikes me as I am in my own quandary with leaf problems. I read a purple stem with leaf darkening spots is a phosphorus deficiency and to use pk product flower bloom. Just a thought as I am also pulling at straws to formulate someopinion with my own spotted crispy leaf

this part sucks.... do you have a ph test kit or pen to see that the ph is a problem? Are these in soil or soilless media?
      Last edited by Farmall; 10-29-2018, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Hi, Farmall. I’m growing it in soil. I think I tend to under water the plant, which is not good. I just ordered a ph test meter for the soil. I think that the plant may not have enough phosphorus. I’m new at this and am learning from my (many) mistakes.

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Catmomma, I know a lot of us are new and a lot of others are truly seasoned pros... as I see it, ya gotta start somewhere... remember that Confucius statement “ a journey of a 1000miles begins with the first step”. Ta-da!

Well, Shotgun, you’re right on target: I guess I ordered the wrong one☹️...it looked easy and simple. Any suggestions as to which one to order? I can’t spend much money on this.... thank you for your help! Sigh. Nothing is simple in this endeavor. And Farmall, so so true!🤪... I’m now second guessing everything I do.

Comment

What are you feeding her? And what type of soil is she in?
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Hello! I’ve been feeding her an organic liquid now and then ... it’s called Neptune. The soil is organic potting soil. I lifted up the flower pot she’s in yesterday and noticed some roots poking through the drainage holes... 😬

Comment

The possible phosphorus deficiency is more likely to have been caused by having the ph of the water out of range. With the wrong ph your plant can not use the nutrients that you give it. Yes it is showing signs of phosphorus defeciency but that doesnt always mean it's because you are not giving it enough.

What size pot is the plant in? If you have roots coming out of the bottom it may be root bound which can also cause all sorts of problems. So depending on pot size you may want to repot it in the proper size pot. Then make sure you check and adjust your ph every time you water your plants. Use a good cannabis friendly nutrient system and you will be fine.

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Look up some of the ph charts that identify the best range for nutrient uptake and look at the zones where nutrients just can not get thru to the plant and it creates a deficiency despite the fact those nutrients are present in your fertilizers. FoxFarm has a very colorful one online

Thank you all so much!!!!

Comment

Is this it?

Comment

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                That is their nutrient feeding chart but they do have a drawing showing the ph zones CLEARLY shoiwing the best range of ph for uptake

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes...that’s the FF feed schedule. Follow that as closely as possible. Remember to start with a weak solution (25-50% of the recommended dosage) until you get a feel for how the girls react to it.

Thank you so much!!

Comment

Shotgun, I have nothing figured out at all!!!🤪

Comment

• Juicyj89
                  Juicyj89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We're here to help! 😉

I still use both a pen and drops at the same time every once in awhile. Making sure your right never hurts. Guess it's almost like my Grandfather used to say "measure twice and cut once."

Comment

Thanks, Juicy!!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X