Herm or male?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herm or male?

Hello! This is a second plant that I unfortunately sort of ignored and neglected a bit because I was focusing on another one more (I’m new at this!). I have the two plants separate because I’m not sure if this is a male, female or hermaphrodite. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

I say female. Final answer.

Comment

Hi, Kingfish. Thank you for responding... I’m curious as to why you think it is a female. Thank you!!

Comment

...also, what type of plant is it? The leaves look different in that they have three leaves on each stem.

Comment

Hey CatMomma, Juicy here, you can see its a female by the pistols coming out of the calyx. And you're right, it is a very strange looking plant. Is it indoors or out? Veg or Flower?
          “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
          192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
          3 Gal Smart Pots
          FoxFarm Trio
          +Open Sesame
          +Cha-Chang
          +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
          192w t5
          Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
          FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
          FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Hi, Juicy! Thank you for responding! It is an indoor plant from a seed that has an unknown provenance... I thought it was White Widow. It did go through stress due to my negligence... not quite sure what to do with it. I was going to toss it because I thought it was a male.

Comment

You got yourself a female re-vegging plant. Means it was going to flower but it’s back into veg. His is due to the light cycle.

Comment

Congratulations, it’s a girl. These look like pre flowers. Just letting you know they are mature females. Time to break out the pink colored blunt wraps. Jk.
                4x4 600w HID empty for summer
                3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
                2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
                running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

9Fingerleafs and Toker1, thank you for your input! Is it safe to have it in the same area as the other plant that I’m growing? Shall I give it 24 hours of light? Thank you!

Comment

• Toker1
                    Toker1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well judging from this photo, it looks like a legit female. If you are concerned about it being a late blooming hermaphrodite (which I would be since we are talking bag seed here) then yes...keep them separate during the bloom cycle. If the genetics are stable...then you can put them in together.
                    They will continue veg growth on 24 hours of light. Some people go 18 light and 6 dark. But it’s up to you. You can also use the gas latern routine to keep her in veg. Just as long as they are not getting 12 (or more) straight hours of darkness. This is for photoperoid strains.
                    Last edited by Toker1; 10-29-2018, 04:16 PM.

Thanks Toker1. I just took a close look at the leaves and noticed that some are curling inward a bit... what does that mean?😬

Comment

• Toker1
                    Toker1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Like the tips of the leaves? Got any pictures? Could be a watering issue, heat issue, or even possibly nitrogen.
                    What are the temps like in your garden?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X