Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some questions about - Rick Simpson Oil (RSO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like these machines, but I dont like the price,,,
    With the different metods, here is my question, how much do you think is left behind to be discarded? And do tell your choice of solvents as I see what solvent is going to make a difference in production.
    Also butane, can you get pure butane without mercaptan in it?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm very happy with my results using 190 proof Everclear. I just have to filter my tincture some more to get a really pure extraction.

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      I hate the smell of butane in the morning....it smells like fourth degree burns! In the event that someone did not get it...https://youtu.be/ALi78xSaP0Y
      Last edited by starramus; 10-29-2018, 05:43 PM.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      IF you can smell it, it has mercaptan in it, google mercaptan MSDS sheet! This will show you my concern with mercaptan. This would not be allowed here (everything must be medial grade) to be sold, not that I will be selling what I produce, but I do want to keep it clean!

As I see it.... According to those articles... I only feel the safest using Everclear. Naptha? Whoa.... At least the Everclear despite it potential toxicity, can be used as a "beverage" but the other chemicals are toxic at almost any level. If I had to travel a few hours to buy a big supply of 190 Everclear, I think Id rather do it. " breaker breaker Come in Bandit"

Comment

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel a road trip coming on😁

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I tend to agree, I just dont know how safe some of those are, or what bad additives they have added to them for smell, like mercaptan which is certainly harmful! I may look at at chemistry supply to see if 100% grain alcohol is available

• Crow
      Crow commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to agree - the idea of using Naptha does not inspire me as optimal or safer. The article by Rick Simpson might have been written quite a few years ago - I don't know that. Finding a source for 100% grain alcohol would be ideal but not likely for me. A trip out of state could result in some 190 proof EverClear. Might be my best option.

Last time I checked....25 yrs ago, only to labs and institutions... but then, California was like everybody else< outlawed! Good luck

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not checked availability of any high end chems yet, not in like you say 20+ years

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X