Preflowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preflowers

Waiting for preflowers to check my plants gender, And my plan is to topp and train. Should i wait whith training? Can topping the plant slow down much or disturb?

YOu going to have to top and train a lot before preflowers appear. The plant has to veg at least 6 weeks to be sexually mature and many strains refuse to reveal gender before flowering

Comment

Welcome Bjorn!
      As 9fingerleafs said,topping must occur between week3 and week 5 or 6 of the Veg stage.The training may even start before that. Please be sure to read about Topping , LST and other Training Methods to get all the info you need before proceeding to a hasty cut or pull.

Also since this is your first post and i believe your 1st grow,you can upload pictures of your setup and plants here so we can see what you are doing and exchange ideas and knowledge with you!!
      Growing is great fun buddy
      Keep it Green
      Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
      600W

LED
      2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
      BioBizzLight Mix
      Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
      Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
      Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
      CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
      Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bjorn, good luck with your grow, if they are healthy, you don't have to wait 3-5weeks to top your plant. Lots of folks top much sooner than that.
        You can start training anytime,
        Have you got a picture of your plant ?
        HappyGrowing! Have fun.
        Be careful with your light, it's powerful, keep it up high enough.

Ok thanx!
      yes it is My first grow and im very excited about it, it's the dream!
      Sounds like a good idea appreciate it

​​I'm growing under 1000w COB LED
      Attached Files

Comment

• Nartak
        Nartak commented
        Editing a comment
        ​​I'm growing under 1000w COB LED
        LMAO you went for the big score right at start
        Ok and what soil/pots/nutrients are u using and what plants are you growing buddy? Auto or Photoperiod?

I shouldn't tell you anything about cutting before you tell us the whole grow info just incase i tell you to do the wrong thing,however if these are photoperiod plants,under the 1000w COB on a 18/6 Light Schedule,i would chop the top off it now and also chop the very first node (Not the cotyledons) and tie the remaining node horizontally to create a Y or even a T if possible. Then give them a week to recover and start creating a mainline or a manifold ...After another 3-4 weeks flip to flower and you're off for a great yield!!

• Bjorn
        Bjorn commented
        Editing a comment
        Good stuff💥👓
        Where do you keep your light?

Comment

I'm gonna try get 8 main colas when finished,
        fingers crossed for a girl since I only germinated 2 of my seeds🚀
        If not I'll just grow some pollen for future use. Great success 😯

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bjorn, For your first plant I wouldn't try manifolding, if you want 8colas, just top between the 4th an 5th node, and then start pulling them over an tie them down.
          Nebula has some excellent tutorials on how to do just that , good luck and have fun, nothing better than smoking your own bud,lol

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          Though i did do it on my first grow and got nice results (Here is where Green75 came into my life lol) DAAS is right,you should prolly just stick to Topping Guides and Low Stress Training but can still get 8 colas

Photoperiod Neville's haze
        airpots, Mild organic soil
        Canna terra nutrients, Vega and Flores

Topping above 4th node, maybe wait for plant to have 6 nodes, Tie down topp the T again, LST till finish

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bjorn, if you top between the 4th an 5th node, and tie them down, you will get lots more than 8colas, that grow nice buds.
          But I normally remove most of those, except for the strong growing ones.
          Good luck with yours.
          Main thing is you want an even canopy, so they all get close to the same amount of light, light is like food, if one gets more light than the others, it will normally be the largest bud.

• Bjorn
          Bjorn commented
          Editing a comment
          I see what you mean thanx

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X