New coco grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New coco grow

Hey peeps. I have currently started my first coco grow. My prior grows have all been straight DWC and turned out great. I am using Canna bag coco in 5 gal. grow bags elevated as not to sit in run off. My tent is 3x3 with a 600w vipar spectra led. My question revolves around feeding schedules. I am running the Canna coco line with hygrazime, cal mag, mammoth p, and hydrogard. I have heard 2 schools of thought. The wet dry cycle and the daily feed til runoff. I hand water and am growing Six Shooter autos. Any input or advice for a coco novice is greatly appreciated. Will upload photos in a couple days. Peace and blessings.

Hey buddy,first of great choice on both Canna and Fastbuds,i started with canna and will prolly go back to it for nutes when i finish my current line and i will myself grow a six shooter along with other 4 autos from fastbuds.
    Im note sure u need hydroguard for coco as no bacteria can form like the ones in top feed/dwc/drip irrigation systems where the water itself sits in a bucket or tank. I will also recommend PK13/14 for late flowering use once or twice.

For the feeding i use both schools depending on the stage of my plants..I'll try lay it out for you in weeks..

1-3 an inch away from the plants base water till runoff 10%
    3-6 water the whole surface alike till runoff 10%
    6~ water the whole surface alike ,wait for an inch of topsoil to be dry all around the pot to water again (usually 2-3 days)

Now im in 60% Soil 40% Perlite,and im sure coco will dry quicker....
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• Munkey
      Munkey commented
      Editing a comment
      I assume this is a daily feed schedule?

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes except the part after week 6 where i wait for the girls to drink all the water and take up all the nutes,it gives some time for error to occur or not and week 6 for autos is well into early flower late pistills so they should be treated as queens

I found myself changing it a bit last auto session but i didnt keep full track of it on notebook so ill try cook up from what i did write down and post it here later on..G2g pay for the seeds now

Awesome info, thank you Nartak. 👊🏻🤘🏻

Comment

Munkey , used to use coco alot , and you can either use Nebulas way of watering-feeding, by waiting till it dries out, almost,especially if using big pots.
      Or either water-feed everyday a time or two if your using small pots.
      They say it's grows faster if in smaller pots an feeding everyday ,but I never noticed it being any faster, that way at all, just more work, lol
      You need to make sure you use cal-mag, too.
      Never used Canna, but some coco you have to treat, before you use it, and you want to make sure that you use alot of perlite in your pots too. 25-35percent.
      Main thing is not letting your coco, ever get to dry, you want the roots to stay damp.
      GoodLuck an HappyGrowing
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• Munkey
        Munkey commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you D.A.A.S 69. Grow is going well. Will post pics soon!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X