Neophyte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neophyte

Please bear with me as I am very new to this. A friend of mine had a Tutti Frutti seed that he kept in a shot glass. A while back he made me a bourbon on the rocks and accidentally poured bourbon over the seed which ended up floating in my glass. I scooped it out and asked him if I could keep it. He said yes and I subsequently germinated it in a damp paper towel. It took, so I planted in a container and have kept it under a grow light. It seems to be doing nicely and is starting to flower. But now I’m at a loss and am confused as to what to do. Shall I remove the leaves that surround the flower area? Thank you for your input!!!

No - don't cut anything until you show us a pic of the whole plant.
    And even then - don't cut anything.

She's got a nice purply color happening.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thank you for responding!! I’ll do as you suggest and leave it alone. I think the purple color is actually coming from the light... I moved the plant to another location and took a picture of the whole plant. There are tiny crystals forming on some of the leaves (please see close-up photo)... is that worrisome or normal? Many thanks!!!

Comment

Crystals (trichomes) are great they contain the THC warch them near the end to turn cloudy. For now she looks great don't change anything. Pretty cool how the crystals are out on the big leaves. Are you running your lights on 12 hours on and 12 hours off?

Comment

Hello! Thank you for responding! Whew! I wasn’t sure about those crystals on the leaves but now I’m feeling reassured. I’ve left the light on pretty much all the time... I realize that this is an autoflower.... shall I switch the grow light off at night?

Comment

Hi Mom, If you can get her some flowering neutrients, use them sparingly, and put it under the strongest light you got for about 18 hrs. a day. Post a pic once a week & the peeps here will walk you on home. Read the growing basics pages above and that will explain the big picture. You got this girl!

Comment

Looks real nice actually - good job.

First thing you have to do is cover those exposed roots with more soil. Roots are very sensitive to light.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thank you so much Primo and Canuck147!!!

Comment

Hi CatMom, we warn you: this is an addictive hobby! Start here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics
                  Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                  2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                  Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Alltatup, it’s almost overwhelming... I’m still trying to figure out what type of lights are best let alone what light schedule to use!! I’m not sure how to keep a journal. I suppose a visual one is a good starting point. Thank you for the link. I certainly need to start reading without feeling lost.

Comment

Welcome to the greenest side of any fence Momma Enjoy your adventures!
                      As ATU posted ,start from the basic of the tutorials and help page and we will be here to help you along the way!!
                      Keep it green...
                      Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
                      600W

LED
                      2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                      BioBizzLight Mix
                      Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                      Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
                      Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
                      CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
                      Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Thank you so much for the encouragement, Nartak! I’m feeling inspired if not a little obsessed!

Comment

• Nartak
                          Nartak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's the spirit!! Check out my first journal on GWE here ,i would post about everything and anything that came to my attention! You know one of those frisky creative feelings of childhood excitement where you might even start clapping your hands at yourself sitting alone in a grow room with the ladies...It's love at first sight Momma,tis the reason we're all here

Keep it green

Well sister catmom, there is no teacher like experience. I've been growing for a lil over two years, and I got help and guidance with some serious problems, like with root rot, on this forum. And I was constantly reading and re-reading on gwe, and I started a serious journal with my second grow. On my first grow, I barely knew what to write down!

First, I decide what strains will work with each other; I grow four different strains in hydroponic one grow box. (And four more in a puny box.) I keep track of which strains will work with which others (same flowering pd., nute requirements), and I can decide what kinds of highs I'm in the mood for, and grow accordingly.

Here's what I keep track of in my journal:
                        the four strains, genetics, weeks in flower, any caveats like "low nutes," %THC and CBD;
                        When they go in germination tray and when they germinate;
                        When I start counting week 1 veg and week 1 12/12 (I call it that instead of "flower")
                        How much of each nutrient I'm feeding each week;
                        Observations on each week's changes; problems; flushes; newly-learned stuff that I want to remember for future grows; etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	5.76 MB
ID:	260680Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.95 MB ID:	260678

Last edited by alltatup; 10-24-2018, 04:16 PM.
                        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Nartak
                          Nartak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh scribbles I love notebook scribbles!! Though i always seem to fill mine with Feeding lists and "talking to myself" notes about the day,there is only one way to go and its notebooks! Like a kid in school i write the date on the top followed by stage and days from seed.
                          Code:
                          22/10/2018
                          Day 32 from Seed / Day 5 Of Flower (I start to write "Of Flower" after i see the first pistills)

Temps: 26C
                          RH: 55%
                          Light Distance: 18"

Feeding All/Tangie/X/Y 1Liter @ 6.2Ph  (Depends if im feedings them all the same schedule or not)
                          Grow/Micro/Bloom : 2ml 
                          B-52 : 2ml
                          X : 1ml
                          Y: 1ml

Notes could vary from pest checkups,turning plants 90 degrees to get light on all sides or even links to GWE or google for searches..
                          I always like to write something personal about the plants at the end of the day,i use their position in the tent as their first name i.e TR(Top Right) Tangie or BL Diesel
                          and talk a bit about how they are going and how they are reacting to something i might've done..

Wowie Wowie Wowie!!! I’m off to find my reading glasses and a few sharp pencils!! Thank you so much for all of your help!

Comment

I don’t know if this is the right thing to do but I’ve added three more lights.

Comment

• Canuck147
                            Canuck147 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            More the merrier - just make sure you have the right clearance. I know the curly cfl's need to be really close - inches.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X