"" dark day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! "" dark day

Would it hurt to have a roughly 24hr dark spell during veg? Need some work doing on my house and don't want everything running
    Last edited by Pukapies; 10-22-2018, 01:25 PM.

Hi Puk: what week of veg are they?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Pukapies
      Pukapies commented
      Editing a comment
      About 4week

They will be fine for 24 hours. No need to worry. Also, if you don’t want the big light on for a day, you can always supplement a compact florescent bulb in the grow room. This won’t add any weight and is not nearly enough energy to grow anything worth while. But will effectively break up up the dark cycle and stop a plant from blooming if done correctly. Look up gas lantern routine growing. It talks about this method of breaking up the dark cycle to avoid blooming.
    Last edited by Toker1; 10-22-2018, 01:55 PM.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Even a flashlight can work in a pinch, I have found this to b true with all the power outings and hurricanes I’ve had lately. Hope this helps 😁

Comment

• Pukapies
        Pukapies commented
        Editing a comment
        I just need my set up to be off for a day until the work is done...with out harming my grow. Is that ok?

What I wouldn't want to do is trigger the production of the flower hormone and then put her back on a veg schedule.

Can you schedule your work so that you give her 24 hours' darkness right before you switch to 12/12? I always do that.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Alltatup, I didn’t know that was something to do... switch lights off for 24 hours prior. Do you see a difference in doing that...seems like it should be a great idea since we are changing the chemistry within the plant with light exposure

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Farmall When I began giving them 24 hours darkness prior to 12/12 switch, I noticed that they began to form bud sites a little sooner. Maybe a few days sooner. So they really seem to like it...

• GreenhouseEffect
        GreenhouseEffect commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm. Might have to try that!!

Love it.... next time!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X