What an I expect to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an I expect to see?

OK let me start in the beginning, this year I acquired one northern lights auto seed.... Planted it, it grew, started to flower, keep in mind I'm talking outdoors in a bucket of soil, at some point apparently it hermorfidited pollinating itself producing a shit load of seeds..... Being that I had plenty of growing season left I planted the seeds they grew, started flowering and hermorfidited but this time I caught it in the act and I removed the pollen sacks mostly before they opened, now here's the deal, in another bucket nearby is another outdoor plant not an auto flowering strain... She evidently got pollinated accidently, so far have found 3 seeds, what do I expect these seeds to produce next year? Will they be auto flowering?

I don’t much in the way of genetics, but I would think it would have a 50/50 chance of being an auto seed.
    Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

I would get guaranteed seeds just to be sure. Never know what you get for those seeds.

Comment

Well.. there's no telling what those seeds will produce. Normally to get a stable auto flower strains (good genes and all) you'll have to cross breed the genes for several generations (F1, F2, F3 etc).
        So with your little accident, the chance of getting autos out of it is rather small. In fact, you can plant 10 of those seeds and I bet you they'll all look different.

Then there's the fact that these seeds where made of of a hermaphrodite pollinating a regular plant. So the hermaphrodite genes can "stick" with the seeds, since hermaphrodites are made in two ways.

1. genetics
        2. environment

In other words; there's a chance those seeds are hermaphrodites too.

So like I said; there's no way to tell if your seeds will be auto, regular, hermaphrodite or any good for that matter.
        I would buy some new seeds, and maybe use the ones you made as an side experiment, away from the others so that they don't pollinate them too

When it comes to seeds everything is up to nature in the beginning. It's like with us humans. When your wife gets pregnant you can't know if you're having a boy or a girl.
        The same goes with cannabis seeds. Only with seeds, we're allowed to cross breed and manipulate genes the way it fits us best. But from the get go; you can't really know for sure.

Hope this clarified some things for you.

- C

Comment

"She evidently got pollinated accidently, so far have found 3 seeds, what do I expect these seeds to produce next year? Will they be auto flowering?"

There must be some ruderalis in the genetics of those seeds so yes there could be some autos. But who knows what else??? You can get some real mutants..... dwarfs with big balls etc. I had my last years grow pollinated by I do not know what. I planted some of the resulting seeds, and got a freak show. I am in Colorado, and am some 20 miles away from some really big commercial grows. I had no males or hermies. What could possibly explain this other than an immaculate conception? I am going to have to return to growing indoors.

By the way was that one of the auto Northern Lights that Nirvana was giving away? Where did you get the original seed?
          Last edited by starramus; 10-22-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Autoflowers don't hermie
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X