What do you think of this dehumidifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of this dehumidifier?

I will need to drop the humidity soon for the flowering period, it’s currently running at a 75% average, but it’s been up to 80%. I got me this dehumidifier for my tent, it’s a 4”x4” (120cmL x 120cmW x 190cmH) the tent is inside a bigger storage room which I believe it’s humid itself. So my question is, is this humidifier too small? I believe it would be enough if it was to drop the tent’s humidity only but since there’s an intake fan bringing in air to the tent from the outside, so if the tent is already humid itself but it’s also getting humidity from the outside right?
    The dehumidifier in the picture it’s a 250ml one, it’s very small as you can see my hand holding it, should I get a larger dehumidifier to drop the humidity to 40-45% during the flowering period?
    Attached Files

That will drop the RH of a cabinet. It’s much too small for a room.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      A small portable ac can run like a dehumidifier if you set it a few degrees below room temp. For example you could set it to 23 or so

• PuraVidaG
      PuraVidaG commented
      Editing a comment
      So do they do the same function? Is it always better to get an AC to drop RH instead a dehumidifier? Thanks!

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. It’s better and it will do both things I live in a 30 degree 85+ humidity environment and I have a split unit at 21 degrees and humidity stays around 45 inside my room with a window slightly open

I had the same issue with high humidity. and it rains lots in the winter where im at. anyways my solution was heat. I keep the temp in my tent 25 degrees celcius if not higher to 28. and it gets my humidty from 70-80ish to 45-60ish

Comment

• PuraVidaG
      PuraVidaG commented
      Editing a comment
      What if my temperature runs in average 25 degrees Celsius but still the humidity remains at 70 ish percent, should I try to increase temperature even higher than that?

and I think the dehumidifier was a waste of money. I was going to get similar and im glad I didn't because I solved issue without

Comment

I wouldn't go higher then 28

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X