Humidity control during flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity control during flower

while I read that the humidity during veg is approx 60% and flowering does best around 35%, at which point do you make the transitions to lower humidity levels. Assuming the lighting schedule has changed and week one can probably benefit from the higher RH but as the flowers are beginning to develop and there are strong visual clues....is that the time to start making these adjustments or wait until flowering is building on the stalk a few inches?

Lower RH is important during flower when you get buds stacking up. They become more susceptible to rot. Where I live, it's not uncommon for me to have 60%+ RH in my room but I've found that good airflow stops any issues related to high humidity.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• DrPhoton
      DrPhoton commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes this exactly.

I turned on the dehumidifier around week 4 of flower; the weather was quite humid (around the time hurricane Mike passed through) and based on the way colas were growing in my box, I thought it best to bring down the humidity. I place the dehum. in the doorway of the growroom so the warm air blows out into the hall.

Since I'm growing in a box, I'm limited as to how much training I can do to keep colas away from each other, each in its own airflow space. So I have trained as much as I could, but I wanted to make sure that mold wouldn't be an issue. I've never had it, I hope never to have it, and the dehumidifier seems to be doing the job.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup, Morning, I bet your humidity did come up a good bit when that Hurricane came thru, that was good planning what you did.
      Farmall, after my seedlings ain't seedlings no more, about 8-10days for autos, I don't worry about humidity much as long as it's close to 40-60percent, but soon as I start seeing them flower, I start getting the humidity down, I try to keep it low as I can, 30-40,percent,
      That mold-budrot is some bad, nasty stuff, I keep my fans blowing wide open, the last 2-3weeks, when them buds is swelling up.

Good Luck with yours.
      Alltatup, they said Michael, had lower barometric pressure than Katrina did, .Michael was bad news.
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 10-20-2018, 08:28 AM.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 At that time, I was emptying my 52 pint reservoir slightly more than twice a day. Now it's down to once every other day... unless it gets rainy. But I love the machine: I feel like my girls are protected, makin sure there's air flow all around the colas...

I normally don't have a RH problem here in the Northern Rockies. It normally stays in the 30% range. However when I close the tent for my 12 hour dark period, my RH jumps up to 70% the day that I water them. I have to keep my Inline Fan from my Lights running to keep it in the 40-50 % range.

Comment

The only issue I can see is that the dehumidifier blows warm air out the back so I need to position it properly or create a vented makeshift port from the rear using that 8” flexible tubing and duct it away from the space

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X