Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PurpleDreamz
    replied
    Looking for some opinions. Not sure if this is the FloraNova Grow stain, or if it's root rot. Made adjustments so the DWC buckets are still at 74F, the tent is 35% humidity, and the air temp is 79F.

There is also zero smell and the leaves seem to be in decent shape.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2152.jpg Views:	1 Size:	539.3 KB ID:	259928
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2153.jpg Views:	1 Size:	532.8 KB ID:	259929
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2151.jpg Views:	1 Size:	621.5 KB ID:	259930
    Last edited by PurpleDreamz; 11-01-2018, 08:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SovietStoner
    replied
    Great setup.
    Keep us posted.

AND we want to see more pics !!!

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    replied
    Welcome to the forum Purple. Sensimilla is not totally required for some good smoke as many on this forum will tell you. Looks like you have a very good start to your grow.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleDreamz
    started a topic Purple Urkle Grow Journal

Purple Urkle Grow Journal

Hey all y'all,

So with this website being a tremendous resource to plan out (what I should call in actuality my first serious grow), I wanted to start a log with the hopes of getting a moderate amount of coaching through this process! Apologize in advance for me being long-winded, I’ve learned a lot and enjoy other people’s grow journeys when they explain the whole thing out, so I’d like to return the same to the community.

Leaving Washington state and losing consistent access to reliable cannabis inspired me to take matters into my own hands. Coming back in with the mentality that I’m ready to invest and do things right, I settled on the VIPARSPECTRA 600W LED, because my eventual plans for my grow area. Currently, this is paired with a 32”x32”x63” tent, which I’m not thrilled about, but it was cheap, plus it will work until I can fabricate the dream space in my basement’s side room.

Seed Type/Strain: Regular Purple Urkle
    • A friend of mine missed a male just a little too late on, harvesting over a pound of pollinated marijuana. Despite being ruined, the bud was still relatively potent and flavorful, so I can’t wait to see how a virgin plant works out! Either way no negatives, we have a lifetime supply of seeds J
    Seed Start: 9/28/2018
    • Started seeds in paper towels, took about 3 days to sprout where they were transplanted into Rapid Rooters.
    Transplant: 10/02/2018
    Equipment: Below is everything I’m using at the moment.
    • 600W VIPARSPECTRA (Began with a 450W VIPAR, but found too good of a deal on the 600W in the return window)
    • 32”x32”x63” Tent
    • VIVOSUN 4” Inline w/ Carbon Scrubber
    • 4x DWC 5-Gallon Bottom-Fed Buckets
      • Considering connecting a mutual hub to top feed into the rocks.
    • GHE FloraNova Series
    • 150W Hygrotek LED (Used for Veg on my back-ups)
      • ~$40 Light that was mistakenly bought off Amazon
    • 20lb CO2 Tank
    • ViaGrow CO2 Regulator
    • C.A.P. PPM-4 CO2 Controller
    Training: Topping and Soft Tie LST
    • Due to a clear vertical limitation of ~30.5”, [Tent Height – (Bucket Height + Min Light Clearance + Light’s Min Vertical Limit)] -> [63” – (14.5” + 12” + 6”)], I will be relying heavily on training as flat as possible.
    • Originally, I was planning on mainlining, but the discovery of onset root rot made me have to abandon that plan due to the weakened state of the root mass.

Week One: I started off my plants directly in the tent under the 450W set on Veg at 32” above the plants.
    Week Two: Setup the back-ups under the 150W LED instead of the CFL. Swapped to the FloraNova series and started to crank up the nutrients.
    Week Three: Plants really responded to their first heavy feeding, so just going to keep pushing them until I can get them into flower. Set up CO2 tank and 600W LED this week officially! 10/17/18, unfortunately, I discovered the onset of root rot in 3 out of four of my original buckets. It was really early and was able to diagnose it (hopefully) as an issue in water temp, which I fixed by adding some ventilation and insulating the black bucket tops. I flushed the roots and was able to save them, it’s been three days with no more signs. The roots are still reddish, but that’s the stain from the FloraNova Grow. The smell from the back-up’s finally got too strong so I needed to move them to the tent, I also dumped the two that were just not progressing well.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X