Viable seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viable seeds

I'm wondering how so a person can plant a freshly harvested seed. Is there anything I need to do to prep them before planting?

Howdy Geezerattack, I have found that there is not an accurate method to tell whether any given seed is viable or not just by looking at it. I have seen seeds with the outside cracked sprout, and as well, I have had seeds that looked perfectly viable not sprout. since I have been using my own feminized seeds (nanner'ed hermie seeds, no colloidal silver used), I have found that placing the seeds in the freezer for a couple of weeks prior to germinating them, seems to increase the 'sproutage' rate. for the last two grows, I have not had any seeds not sprout, some sprouted quicker than the others, but all did sprout. I now, keep all of my unused seeds wrapped up in baggies, in foil, in the freezer until I need them.
    Good luck with Your growing.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I forgot, these observations only apply to the fully mature seeds. The small, miss sharpened, and immature seeds, I have not tried to germinate.

I soak the seeds in water first. In 24 hours the seeds that no longer float on top of the water are best. This action activates the seed. Next, I remove the seeds from the water and wrap them inside a moist paper towel (so no part of the seed is exposed). Then, I put that paper towel inside a zip lock bag. Store it someplace dark & indoors where the temp/humidity is comfortable enough for a human. I open the bag with seeds and moist paper towel inside once every day to exchange the air inside. I breath into the bag to make sure all the air is replaced. I will drop a few droplets of water into the bag if the towel feels dry to the touch. In a few days you will see a tap root. You can plant them at that point in time or you can wait until it grows a few more inches. Don’t wait too long when you see the root though. Plant the seed roots pointing downwards into the soil, or other medium. No need to cover the seed at this point in time, but if you do... make it a very thin layer.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X