Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeezusjuiicee
    commented on 's reply
    Do doubt! Haha you've definitely planned this out 😀 thanks for all the knowledge man!

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    yeah as a basic rule it is, thats why people grow on sea of green but it kinda depends on strain too and light and health, my plant has always been in perfect health but i use cfl so it would grow faster in hydro with metal halide or led light, some strains grow out of control and some others never gonna get very tall at all. overall a 6 to 8 weeks period veg is necessary for the plant to mature hormonally when growing from seed, so gotta plan ahead how big a plant gets in 7 weeks of veg and how many of those 7 week plants can i fit in my space. with clones is different because clones are the age of the mother plant so you can flower them whenever you want after a couple weeks after transplant once they got roots and growing. thats how i expect to fill twice the space in half the time, with 4 times as many plants

• Jeezusjuiicee
    commented on 's reply
    i just noticed your drainage set up! my god your a genius lol. did you say thats 10 weeks of veg? and im definitely gonna see how that 4 smaller clone thing goes for you one last question if you dont mind bro! so even if its a smart pot, will it still take a long time to grow because of how big it is?

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    thank you. yes 350 watt CFLs and a 4 gal pot (: i took 6 clones of her and im veggin them right now, they are in one quart yogurt containers, my plan for the next round is to fill the entire 2x4 space with 4 smaller clones of the same plant to reduce time

• gbauto
    commented on 's reply
    I'm with 9finger. My old setup put 4 RDWC buckets along a 5 foot wall. Worked but it was a crowded mess. Ended up going with a pair of 17gal totes instead. Although it does require more veg time to get the plant to fill the trellis net, it's much more manageable.
    To answer the original question-it's always faster to do multiple smaller plants. Think SOG

• Jeezusjuiicee
    commented on 's reply
    Ok 1st of all wow nice friggen plant man! That's under CFLs? I'm gonna check out that link in a minute. And you say that's a 4 gallon pot?

• Jeezusjuiicee
    commented on 's reply
    Yea I think I have the wrong idea when it comes to pot size haha. Thanks for the tips man!

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    look this space is 2x4 and the plant is filling half of it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PHOTO-2018-10-04-12-35-37.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	258219Click image for larger version

Name:	PHOTO-2018-10-04-12-35-36.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	258220

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    wow thats a big pot, it would be easier and faster to fill the space with 2 plants instead of one, it kinda took me a while to get 50+ growth tips and a net to spread them, over 10 weeks of veg. if you took two or three plants they fill the space in 6 weeks

• Redwasp
    replied
    I use that size for bigger grows. Usually my smallest is 7 gallon. But can be done with smaller. Was just a suggestion if you went with smaller photos.

Leave a comment:

• Jeezusjuiicee
    commented on 's reply
    Haha alright ill just stick to one plant. I read on here you should double your pot size when using smart pots. That's why I have a 10 gallon and not a 5, but it's actually super short and wide, great room saver! Only 16" wide so it would fit in the 2x2 aswell

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    right now i got a 2x2 filled with one single plant in a 4 gal pot

Leave a comment:

• Redwasp
    replied
    Is that a 2ft by 2ft tent? I would got to a short auto that is quick yielding. Might can get away with 2 in that space in 3 gallon pots.

Leave a comment:

• Jeezusjuiicee
    started a topic 1 big or 2 medium

1 big or 2 medium

So I'm gonna be moving out to a smaller place I need to downsize my tent to a 2x2 I was just wondering if I could get the same if not better yeilds with to smaller plants in smaller pots maybe 5-7 gal, or if I should just stick to my big ol' 10 gallon smart pot and grow one big ass plant?

IF I could potentially get the same yeild either way, Wich would take less time?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X