Water planning for the future .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water planning for the future .

we have gotten larger than normal volumes of rain and I an thinking of accumulating a few hundred gallons of rainwater which can be used for nutrient mixes and watering even hydro. Is it worth the effort an energy it will take to set up 55 gallon drums to collect. My well water come in at 7 for pH and 110 or less for tds ppm, Not to bad. Rainwater that I’ve just measured if 6.1 pH and 33tds ppm and the collection bucket of my house dehumidifier is 4.8ph and 16tds ppm

is there a value for going to these extremes regarding storage, aeration , and filteration prior it use for growth. Is the tds being so low the great portion of these selections? I guess when you got some planning to do, you can get to crazy

7 is a neutral ph and would be just fine imo. Rain water could collect bacteria and I think you'd be better off with your well water that probably contains trace minerals. My 2 ¢.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Rain water is awesome to use if you want to cook your own organic soils, and you can’t beat it, if you can keep it long enough so as itnot grow bacteria and algae etc. you can treat it to keep it clean with beneficial elements.. heck out a book I recommend called true living organics by The Rev, on Amazon, second edition, in it he has soil recipes specially and only for rainwater, once prepared and cooked for a couple of weeks, they have all the plant needs and no nutes needed just RO water, or distilled water or rainwater... but as chef says your well water is excellent quality, far better than my own with a ph of 6.10 and a tds of 260

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X