Bag seed worth popping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bag seed worth popping?

So a good buddy of mine found a seed in a bag of extremely high grade bud by the name of Jack Frost. I have seeds and am not in need but he really wants me to give it a run. Frankly I want to also but don't want to waste space or time because I will loose weed if it doesn't work out. Is it worth it? Thanks

Thing is... you could get lucky. You could also produce something completely not worth all the time and effort of growing it. If you have good seeds from a reputable breeder, why risk growing anything less?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      gotta agree with toker, i too have saved precious seeds over the years but until i have a big grow where i can keep cloning all the genetics i want to experiment with i gotta focus on producing weed to smoke so tried and proven genetics its what i need now

• Smokesteve
      Smokesteve commented
      Editing a comment
      Because that strain looks insane as did the buds that it came from. It's risky I know. I see you guys would lean towards not risking it. I tend to agree. Maybe someone will come along and tell me it will be the best strain I will ever grow. But essentially that is impossible to tell. Like most people on here I grow to smoke so I can't risk the loss.
      Last edited by Smokesteve; 10-11-2018, 05:07 PM.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      The odds of discovering the next clone only strain like GSC or GG#4 is not very good. Statistically speaking, I would think you have a better chance at winning a lottery jack pot than getting a winner from your Jack Frost pot. Lol

I would give it a try but I always have extra space. And I like to try things. If you count on the space that the plant will take up to get through until the next grow the answer is very simple. No it's not worth it. And from what you have stated you cannot afford either the time, cost, or space. So I agree with all above. The chance it will be really good is pretty small, almost astronomical.

Comment

Well I just sent him the link to this thread and I didn't realize this Jack Frost came from a dispensary and was RX patients only. So does that increase the chances of sucess ?
      Last edited by Smokesteve; 10-11-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

"Bagseed makes more bagseed"
        -says the grower who grew bagseed all this spring and summer

I grew a whole crop and that was a bad idea. I shoulda just grew the one or two seeds I was curious about. It was worth it because you will get some unique chronic which the world has never seen. And it will turn out great, even with a few seeds in the bud.

Mine hermaphrodited and spit out some male flowers with live pollen. Caused a couple ounces of seedy bud but it was still frosty and used for other purposes like extraction. So even with an entire room of bagseed plants trying to hermaphrodite the whole time, I still found it to be a worthwhile endeavor. I'm actually smoking that nugget right now, and I don't regret growing those plants!

What i I do regret is trying an entire crop of bagseed. I recommend keeping it to one or two plants per crop.

Cheers! 🎭

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X