Brown leaves and heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown leaves and heat

I am about 2 weeks into a grow with OG Kush from Nirvana seeds. I am growing in fox farms ocean forest in 2x2x4 grow tent with a 180w led grow light. I am struggling with the leaves turning brown and curling up. I am being cautious with the water but trying to keep it well hyrdrated. I am struggling to keep the heat down, right now it is running about 83F, I have an intake fan, exhaust fan and small desk top fan inside the tent for additional circulation. I am wondering if it is the heat causing the issue or I am missing something. I did originally have a 300w led grow light but went back to my 180 to see if it was too much light burning the plants. Any help would be great appreciated. This is my third grow and first in a real grown tent. I usually grow during the winter when the room is cooler.

Fox Farms Ocean Forest is great for a plant that’s been in less hot soil and allowed to grow there until it’s more mature and than transplanted into a hotter mix like ffof at least it’s worked for me that way. Lol

Comment

do you check ph? fox farms soil, like potted said, can be very hot but your plant seems to be having a more severe issue than nutrient burn

Comment

checked the PH and it is fine. The humidity is a bit high too. Should I possibly transplant until it corrects itself and if so which soil would be recommended

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          FFOF is one of the best out of the bag soils available, i dont really know what the problem could be

What size pot is it in? What kind of pot? Seems a little small for 2 weeks. Were they under the led the whole time? 83 should be fine for veg with high humidity. Have you fed it nutes? I've seen some strange stuff with ffof but not like this. I'm wondering if you're overwatering. Ffof holds onto moisture very well and with a high humidity you shouldn't have problems with keeping the plant hydrated.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Ff ocean forest is better for larger plants with a more established root system. You have burnt tips and looks like the lower leaves are going to be gone soon. Next time try mixing the happy frog with the ocean forest when transplanting such a young plant. She could still recover, but you will lose a bit of grow time here for sure.
          Last edited by Toker1; 10-10-2018, 01:49 PM.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I would try a plain ph water flush, then stand down for 7 or 10 days & see what happens.

Comment

thanks for everyone's feedback. I appreciate the tips.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X