No announcement yet.

Moby Dick homemade growbox (First Grow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they definately are liking the extra space. Spreading out nicely. They are getting pretty close....
    The grass ainโ€™t greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• Sallisawjim
      Sallisawjim commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I have 59 good colas but 16 of them are mains and they are about the size of a Pepsi can at their base and narrow about 10 inches long to a spearhead. Real tight and solid. Even the "Popcorn" buds have some mass. They are solid. Like it alot. Pretty excited. Probably a week to ten days is my guesstimate. I kinda want it to hurry, but at the same time I am dreading it. Lol.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! That's awesome. Do not dread harvest; you're just taking them to the next phase. I really enjoy trimming bud. Nebula has a good tutorial that guided me. With that many colas, as you get very close to harvest, like when you're flushing, I'd start removing all the biggest fan leaves. It will make the job much easier after you cut down your colas. https://www.growweedeasy.com/trimmin...-trim-cannabis (in case you haven't see this.)

I don't use cookie sheets; I use parchment pan liners 16"x24" https://www.amazon.com/Dixie-HS1000-...%2Bx%2B24&th=1

• Sallisawjim
      Sallisawjim commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Thanks for the advice. I just ordered some of those liners!!! Awesome.

This week went smooth. Just fighting the ph levels. These girls are starting to do their thing. I see amber trichs everywhere speckled here and there. i will feed her trace nutes for a fee more days and then begin the ol'flush. ๐Ÿ˜

I know it is a crappy magnifier, but I can see about 10ish percent amber.
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      The colas look amazing. You are going to have your hands full trimming those!!!

Whelp, they are deffinately ready for the ol'flusharoo!!! I am seeing 20 to 30 percent amber. Starting the flush now. Smells DANK!!! So stoked with my babies. They are at the end of this part of their road. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the help, advice, support, and candoitude!!!!
    Without you all I would not be where I am. Forever Grateful.... I will still update the cut weight wet then final update with dry weight... hoping for at least 8 ounces. Looks like I will get that easily comparing a 1/2 pound bag to these. It looks like more than 10 times the amount of what is in my bag. And it is 8 ounces. ๐Ÿ˜
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations, SSJ!! This has been a fascinating grow, and it ain't over yet. It's so awesome that you have had absolutely no problems throughout flowering! How did the bottoms of the colas develop? You know you could do partial harvest if the lower parts needed a little more light & time...

I really look forward to seeing those 59 colas hanging to dry. Oh-and, can I have that 8 oz bag since you won't need it anymore? ;-}

• Sallisawjim
      Sallisawjim commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you alltatup. The bottom of the colas look the same as the tops. Thats where I checked the trichs after reading Nebulas post you tagged me in. I am surprised about the flowering problems also. Just got lucky. Thank you again for alk the help and support.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      SSJ, you're on your way to being a master grower. Kudos!!!

Well after listening to some wierd gut feeling, i decided to wait until yesterday to start my flush. And im glad i did too. They are looking super dank right now. This week has been more of the same ol ph up or down and add water. Now instead of weak nutes i am running florakleen and hydroguard only. They are getting close. I already see yellowing leaves here and there. Nothing major, just baby spots here and there. Probably a couple more days and I will cut them down. Kinda mixed about it, but then again I get to start all over and maybe even outgrow these babies. I am ready to see how they smoke. Beautiful to me. They are frosty...
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      SSJ, It ain't over, far from it!!! Your relationship is gonna go on and on!! They are just gonna show you some new stuff now. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Whelp, they weighed 2438 grams stem and all wet. Smell dank. I have over 5 ounces of sugar leaves!!! Hash and butter. Maybe some of that infused Vodka i recently fell in love with. Will update the final dry weight when they are dry...
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a beautiful sight, SSJ: congratulations on a magnificent harvest.

My very first grow. Ended up with 835 grams!!!! (EDIT!!! THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO SAY 235 GRAMS!!! SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE. JUST SAW IT...) Super happy with the yeild but also there is something else hidden in these green little nugs. Might be coke or something. Lmao. Seriously great taste, better than any i see in the dispensaries. Smell is dank as well. Just a bud on its own. Never had nugs taste sweet and diesel like both at the same time. Tasts like spring time lol. Totally in love with it. Deffinately a daytime smoke. Few hits and it comes on strong, that urge to go do something. Dishes, the shed, my tool box. Lol anything. Feels amazing. Happy stone. Very social weed. Easy to grow, i should have vegged for a shorter time but i am new and there is a learning curve. My next grow is gonna be massive. I will post some pics of my Veg room. Its almost ready. Working on my flower room now. Cant wait until I get to see what their sisters that I stored gets to pop. Will probably start germinating tomorrow. Not going to manifold this time. Just doing the scrog thing this time... They like the jars just saying. Been burping them every day now for 3 days. Will continue for another 4ish then burp once a week. Pretty happy with my grow. Those little hygrometers are awesome!!!!

Huge thank you to everyone that helped me....
    Last edited by Sallisawjim; 02-23-2019, 10:57 PM. Reason: Mistyped the final weight...
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome grow room!! Beautiful buds. You got close to 8 oz, that's so cool.

• Sallisawjim
      Sallisawjim commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. You have been so much help. I have sooooo much hash. Did half of the trim with dry ice then some with bubble bags and some butter and going to stirsome ice tomorrow. Trying to see which I like the best. Got sooooooo much hash right now. Loving life. ๐Ÿ˜

Okay so I am addicted to this new hobby. Love it. So here is is pic of my new flower room. 1/3 of the way finished.

still gotta figure out how im gonna control my lights, but I have 30 hps 1000w going up in this room, and have 15 HO cfl lights in my veg room. My calculations if correct should let me grow about 180 plants comfortably. Hopefully!!!! Wish me luck. I NEED IT!!!
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Toto, I don't think we are in a homemade growbox anymore

hoping you are able to continue to make time for us - and post a run or two

• Sallisawjim
      Sallisawjim commented
      Editing a comment
      Alltatup, Well I have a couple greenies that are greener than me helping and i also have some local GDF peeps closeby that are doing the same thing only on a bigger scale for advice and help. Your babies look amazing.

Lurking, sure we are. Just waaaaay bigger this time.
      I got blessed with some rare genetics that I am HONORED to get my hands on. I cant spill the beans, pun intended until I start up next week. Hopefully everything goes smooths as water over a creekbed. Lol. Thanks for stopping by.... I will definately tag you in my growjournal. Been slammed lately building but soon... week or so....

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      This is really exciting, SSJ!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X