Make my buds seed. I need THIS strain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make my buds seed. I need THIS strain!

We've discovered a mold resistant strain. Living in the Pacific NW, it's hard to grow outdoors and get mature buds due to the rains. Mold!! We've got 3 or 4 strains growing right now. At first we didn't think anything of this weird plant with purple stems, leaves and now buds. But as all the other strains are getting mold, this one isn't!!! Does anyone know how to either carry a cutting through the winter after it's already budding or somehow get this girl to seed? Look at this magnificent plant.

it looks very sexy indeed, there are many mold resistant strain out there, breeding is no easy task but you could in theory take a clone, re veg, and then cross it with a male you know its good for breeding and find the offspring that carries that resistance. that or you could force one of the clones to produce pollen and create feminized seeds after several rounds eliminating the hermies

Comment

Your best bet is to take a few cuttings, and then clone. That is unless you have access to some pollen. Just do the clones, and you'll have plenty of time to experiment.

Comment

Ooh, that's a pretty plant. I want one.
        ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Thanks! But it would be a WHOLE lot easier if I just bought some mold resistant seeds next year. Duh. I did a simple search and found tons of options. Well at least I got to show pics like a new father. :-)

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Easier, but costs much more. Why not keep the next seed as a mother plant and just clone her when the time is right?

We ❤ pictures
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

You will not be able to isolate genetic traits such as pest resistance unless you are backcrossing your plants to make stable seeds. Here is how that works;
            strain 1: take the most pest resistant male and female (from the same strain) and backcross them to make a seed.
            Strain 2: take the most pest resistant male and female (from the same strain) and backcross them to make a second seed.
            Grow those 2 backcrossed seeds out and...
            Now you have 2 pest resistant strains that can be crossed together to make a stable seeds with pest resistant genetic characteristics.
            With out backcrossing them, simply taking a male and female to breed...out of 100 seeds you might end up with 100 different genetic traits and none of them being pest resistant.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X