Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox Farm Ocean Forest

Fox Farm Ocean Forest

Trying to set up a mildly stupid friend with his own grow with all locally sourced off the shelf Walmart nutrients. The plan is to use the White Moscow Autoflower because of its ease of growing, small size, and fast maturity.

I'd start the plants in coco for the first couple of weeks then transplant in FFOF/perlite mix. After reading a bunch of posts and Google I get a bunch of mixed answers. can we get away with just simple calmag and water without the need for mixing anything special? perhaps a bloom alternative by Miracle-Gro?

Any other suggestions that do not require a person to order anything online.
    Sour60 autos.
    3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
    26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
    2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Tap water and Epson Salt.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• hycheese
      hycheese commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I thought I read that somewhere. gonna use this thread as my notebook.

If you're going to use coco for the first couple weeks. Ffof should have plenty in it to keep it going for about 4 weeks. Might need a little bloom food towards the end something with a high p and k and low n. Calmag won't hurt throughout the grow either. Then again if that is a 60 day strain you might be able to just use molasses at the end. Happy growing 🍻 ✌.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• NAKEDGARDENER
      NAKEDGARDENER commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you used ff beastie blooms or their other bloom nute called cha ching Chefbjy

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      No I have gone organic NAKEDGARDENER. Last time I used nutes I used gh maxi series with dry koolbloom.

Use a big pot so he has a bigger battery of nutrients with minimal runoff . My wife has done a couple plants with only roots organic 707 mix, and had decent results.

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good idea. If you have the room for bigger pots.

This isn't expert advice, it's the advice I got from local flower/veg gardeners and it seems to work well. I buy loose (by the pound) alfalfa meal and bone meal at the local farm feed supply. $1 or less per pound. Mix 1/2 cup with 5 gallons of soil and/or top dress with 1/4 cup and water it in. Alfalfa meal turns into nitrogen within a few waterings. For a short grow a pound is probably enough. Water w/molasses to keep the soil stimulated. I also add 1/2 gal of worm castings and 1/2 gal of compost along with 1 gal of coco/perlite mix to every 5 gal of FFOF. Its slow release extends the life of the FFOF. Happy growing!
    FFOF +extra castings, compost, coco
    Veg 8 bulb T5 (blue)
    Flower 600w HPS
    alfalfa meal, bone meal, FF Big Bloom, Down-to-Earth Liquid Bloom
    1st grow White Widow
    Now growing GG4 auto and photo

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's some good advice.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed sounds like a plan to me 😉.

Iv been cutting ffof in half with core,peat and perlite so as not to water as much, as for a sutable slow release nute,??? Iv no idea. Good luck

Comment

Thanks for all the info and advice, I decided to do an experimental side by side grow using 3-gallon fabric pots and locally acquired potting mix/soil/perlite. These seem to have some of the same ingredients and claims and will let them duke it out with nothing but water, bone meal, and worm castings for feeding (Thanks to TractorSupply).

Fox Farm Ocean Forest (FX14000) - $33, 38qts
      Miracle-Gro Nature's Care Organic (71283630) - $11, 32qts
      Burpee Natural and Organic Growing Mix (BP15CFGM) - $8, 38qts

I'll start a grow log on these in a few weeks after my Sour60's are done.
      Sour60 autos.
      3 gal grow bags 70/30 coco/perlite.
      26"x 44"x 78" tall grow area.
      2 - 300 watt HyberGrow full spectrum LEDs (actual 105watts).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X