Pre-flowers showing ... suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-flowers showing ... suggestions please

My indoor soil grow is near 8 weeks and each of the 4 plants are showing pistils coming from the calyx at nearly every node . It is my mis understanding that these show up after the light schedule is changed to 12/12. I am currently on 18/6 but these girls are getting big and bushy. They were topped about 4 weeks ago and have been LST’d so the canopy is pretty even. They are under a 315w LEC 4200k for the last week but were under 1000w LED since seedlings.

do we think it’s time to go 12/12? And start flowering? I have no problem vegging for another month but if this pistil event is something to take advantage of now, so be it. My hydro grow is about 3 weeks behind but more stretched under the LED than the soil counterpart and looks a bit thinner but still nice...but thinner than the soil one. These hydro ones are the ones with the giant fan leaves....only two per OG kush and symmetrical to each other on the stem. But as mentioned in another post, more than 8” across.

Had the nutes a bit high last week and noticed it quickly so it’s back from 1150 to about 800. My well water comes in at around 110ppm.

Surely grateful for all thoughts and ideas.
    Last edited by Farmall; 10-06-2018, 07:13 PM.

Pictures help - sounds like an autoflowers to me.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Preflowers, You put them on 12-12, in about a week or 10days, you are gonna sure enough see some pistils, thats for sure.
      Good Luck with them, pictures are always nice,
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I assume these are photoperoid plants?
        Pre flowers can happen in veg too. It happens on most of my mature plants that have short bloom times. Normally when you get to 12-12 the plants stretch out a bit before they show signs of flower. Did you notice a quick growth spurt in the last week? If not, most likely just some veg pre flowers and the plant will continue to grow in that veg mode until the light schedule switches. Now if more pistols show up...and you will know for sure in a week or two, in that case I would just make the adjustments to flip into flower.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          i agree, when you have preflowers with pistils in veg means you have a strong mature and sex stable female

Ah ! Thank you....these are photoperiod plants. They have shot upward about 10-12” in the last week. In fact, I had said to myself... damn, it’s like the attack of the killer tomatoes .. they’re going wild. They have filled their area of the room. Funny part is that I have seriously read so many books, articles, watched hundreds of video... this freaking thing has overtaken my days...but, enjoyin’ The heck out of it. So with all of this knowledge, why is it I’m seeking out what to do...?

i believe it is that in one video, the person says....do this... another, NO do that. Conflicting information is pretty rampant and after going thru all of the “prep”... I really don’t want to fail. As a seedling...well ok, I screwed up. But as the 2 months have creeped by and each day showing a level of success, I cannot screw up now !! Crazy huh?

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be very strange if 6 hours of darkness per day simulated flowering. Unless it is an auto. Once I heard a person had a similar story to this. Turned out his light was on the fritz. He would come in, view the plants and all would appear well. Not until one day, he came in and the light was off during lights on. He went to investigate then his light switched on. Apparently it was so faulty that it turned itself off often enough make the plant flower. Kind of a rare situation, I know...but might be a good idea to check for anything off at this point in time. Something just doesn’t seem right.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Odd to see that but ...I did check that... I went and checked several on and off periods and it was good. But when testing the initial setup, I had two styles of timer...the mechanical one had 1 little pin not fully in position and when I had gone over to look at a few things, the light was off....just at the craziest time I’d happen to be there to look at it. So prior to starting everything, I double checked outlets, timers, fans, plugs and anything else I’d had to rely on. That is a good observation and had I not actually found that by mistake... it certainly could have been a source for trouble.

Again, thanks for suggesting that and your previous comment. I did go in again and re-evaluate this pistil thing, they are definitely there which, as I know so far, these feminized seeds are truly female. Based on all I’ve read at least.

FINALLY: figured out how to get a picture... here is a mediocre photo of these pistils I had mentioned. These are in many places on all the plants and stems in soil.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          yes but only where the branches meet right? not clustering on the growth tips, those are preflowers

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly!

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          congratulations, its great to find out sex before flowering

It's very common that as mature as the plant is to show sex. I have a grow going on now that had pistils early I let her go another week in veg but when I switched to 12/12 it still took a week for budlets to form. Just a good sign 😉.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Cool, That works.. I’m keeping them vegging with the same lighting schedule 18/6 until the hydro grow in the same room, gets a bit more mature. They are 3 weeks behind the soil. Then, they’re all going 12/12

THANKS ALL

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X