Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto only 2 months old ready for Harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto only 2 months old ready for Harvest?

Hey again. I have an OG Kush Auto that went into flower at 3 weeks, now is 2 months old tomorrow and it looks to me like it's ready to go. All the white hairs are brown. There's not a lot on this one but what there is are nice and fat. Is this possible that it could be ready for Harvest? I also screwed up, and got my plants mixed up And re watered a group that I had just Watere. d 2 days ago. How bad of a screw-up is that? I have one group that have blue popsicle sticks in them to mark them and another group with red popsicle sticks. One group is much younger and of a different strain. Anyway major question is is it possible to have an auto ready for Harvest at 2 months old, and how bad have I screwed up with the water?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Yes some autos can finish in 60 to 65 days. I think D.A.A.S.69 has some strains that finish even faster. Anyways the answer is yes it is possible.

As far as overwatering you will be fine. To hurt the plant from overwatering requires it to constantly be on a state of being overwater. One time is not going to hurt your plants.

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome advice. I wish I had time to slow down and enjoy. When I get up in the morning I hit the ground running, and unless I skip my running, literally my running in the woods on the trails which is taking care of myself, there is just no time before I go to work for anything. But I really do appreciate your advice and suggestions.

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Back when I could still run I considered that my me time/slowing down, especially trail running. I loved to run long distances but cant now due to an injury. So go run a few trails for me.

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      I will do that for you red wasp. I have so many injuries it's not even funny. I've had disc surgery a completely replace shoulder, and now I have bone spurs and bursitis in my right hip. So running is pretty painful I many days that I go out. But I cannot imagine not doing it. My heart goes out to anyone who could not do it any longer. And I know I will be on that list far too soon.

Yes I now have to settle for long hikes. It is fun but you dont get the same rush as you get from running. Being able to take a nice long run on a trail through a Forest is just amazing. Once you hit that zone after a few miles it is just pure ecstasy. But I have to wear a brace on my ankle to be able to walk so running is out of the question.

Anyways when you cant run just find some nice long trails and go for long hikes. It is beautiful and keeps you fit.

Comment

I just read on a few other seed sites that OG kush is harvested around 76 days. This one ( of the 4) is 60 days old today, but looks ready. If I wait to day 76 what would happen?
      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        The Kushes, I've grown have always showed amber, you might want to wait
        until you see some.
        60days is very early for them.Mine took close to 80days.

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        D.A.A.S.69, yeah I just went up and looked. Just got home from work. So even though the pistils are all brown, should still wait another 3 weeks?

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        You want to wait until there is not many clear, trichs.
        Wait until they are mostly cloudy with a little amber, 80cloudy, 20amber.
        If you harvest early, it want be nearly as good. Patience is key to killer smoke.
        Have in there !!!

What color are the trichomes?

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it looks like some clear, some cloudy. Even with my jewellers loup I struggle to really see well enough.

If you have no amber then I would wait. The buds will just get bigger and the smoke stronger. You have time. If they were all cloudy with some amber I would go ahead and harvest it.

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok. Thanks man

I agree with everything said above, but I just wanted to chime in - I had a Trainwreck Auto that was seed to harvest 60 days. All the other trainwreck autos I've grown have take around 70-75.
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep @mcubed470 I have had at least 1 auto finish alot earlier than the others every grow. And that 1 always ends up ready weeks before the others. Not sure why this happens but it's always a happy surprise.

I'm a mountain goat, when I broke my leg I couldn't run for a long time after my cast was off. So I got a mountain bike(rigid frame & forks). I rode trails with that bike like I was running again. Lol 20-25miles sometimes twice a day.

I think my og kush rolex auto was cut around 85 days. With a fare amount of amber. I don't worry much about how many days, if the trichs are right. Then its time.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• Californiakid
        Californiakid commented
        Editing a comment
        But I do recommend try harvesting the same strain at different degrees of ripeness to see what benefits you the most.

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        Well you guys are agreeing that 60 days is awfully early, but not surprised that one would finish before the others but possibly not at 60 days. So what I'm going to take from this is that I'm going to wait. My other six of which somewhere OG Kush and somewhere Northern Lights finished at 90 days. So I'll push more in that direction with this one and see what happens. But what happens if it really is ready and I don't take it for another month. Will it be ruined? I've never done this before.

As long as you check the trichomes you won't let it go to long. But if you did end up waiting and ended up with all amber trichomes it will be sleepy time smoke. If you really wait to long they will go grey. But the harvest window can be weeks long depending on how you like your smoke.

Comment

Well now I've got another issue which completely baffles me. So this one particular plant that we've been discussing is in a group that I've called Blue sticks. So two months ago I planted five OG Kush seeds, and within 2 weeks for started to flower. The fifth one never did, and so I figured that just like the first group where I had one photo and 4 autos, it's the same situation. I figured this fifth blue stick was a photo. So I had this photo blue stick growing along in veg with the first photo yellow stick. Well I go up there today and I see that this blue stick that is way way behind the other autos and that I figured as a result is a photo, is going into flower. Not sure what to do. I can't tell if it's a photo or an auto now. I suspect if it's an auto and it's so far behind, it won't have time to make any real buds. I'll take a picture in a little bit. Got to run out and get more seeds LOL.
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          I just figured out why that photo has gone into flower while it's in the veg room with the other autos. The LED light it was under was only half lit. So what do I do? I don't have a space where I can put it in 12 12 set up yet. It's been starting to flower for about five six days now. It's in kind soil in a 5-gallon cloth pot now. I ordered a new light it'll be here in 2 days. Do I have to scrap this plant? It's a shame she's got so many Bud sites.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Greenpassion, Sounds like it might be preflowers your looking at.
          You got any close-up pictures?

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69, I'll be posting a picture in about an hour. I will put it with the other ones that I started in the same pack from Nirvana. So you can see an example of how different they are.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X