Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Coco watering and vacation!

Hey guys,
    i have to go away for 2-3 days.Since im growing in Coco and watering everyday, i was wondering if 48-72hours without watering would have adverse effect. Im one month in flowering, expecting another 4 to 6 weeks until harvest (from the seed vendor). Would there me any way to keep the coco moist during that time?

The setup: 5gal Smartpot , 70/30 coco perlite, ppm at 450, ph between 5.5/6.0. Plant is doing very well so far.

Thanks for your time.

Atoms

I never water coco everyday, I water every 3 to 5 days. 5 gal pot. Give them 1.25 gallons of water per plant then go on vacation.
    Space for Rent.

Comment

• furrysparkle
      furrysparkle commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed with this, you can water everyday but coco holds tons of water

Would it be advisable to put the pot in a flooded tray (would the coco uptake water that way if needed)? I was going to suggest a Blumat bottle adapter (fits a standard soda bottle, waters for 2-3 days with a 1L bottle) but don't know if it works with coco.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

Water in a bucket with an air pump/air stone to keep it fresh, and a pump with drippers on a timer. A 5 gallon bucket kept my ladies happy for 2 weeks when I left town.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X