Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the timing be so different with the same group of seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the timing be so different with the same group of seeds?

Hi everybody. I started my second grow, well actually second and third because four of them are photos and three of them are autos. But this post is about the autos. I got the pack of seeds from Nirvana, planted them all on the same day, they all came up within a few hours of each other, but one of them is way way ahead of the others. It almost looks like it's going to be ready for Harvest and it's not 2 months old until the 6th of this month. It already has rust colored hairs on the buds. There is not a lot there but they are massive buds just the same. I don't understand how I could be so far ahead of the other two. They're in the same room under the same lights with the same treatment. These are again in cloth pots and kind soil, with Pro mix BX as the other media. Could it be seeds can be of a different age?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Plants are just that way. Plants are no different than any other living thing. Some grow faster, some bigger, and some stay small yet grow really thick. The seeds are probably not from the same mother but they could be. The only way to get an identical type plant is cloning. Which you cant do with autos. So they will all be a bit different.

I have 5 Carmelicious autos growing now that are like yours. One plant has about 2 weeks left before harvest and the other 4 have a month or more.

Comment

Redwasp, thank you so much for that. It really has left me baffled.
      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

So 2 things here... seeds can be any age as long as they are alive and healthy/vital. They are in a dormant state and will remain that way until germination occurs. The growth period starts after the seed germinates no matter when the seeds were harvested (assuming all were healthy at the time of germination).
        Second, some seeds of the same strain will absolutely grow/finish faster than others. This phenomenon is explained through phenotypes and genotypes. The genotype you are working with is more commonly called the strain. The phenotypes are the different verities that specific strain produces. Sounds like you have a fast growing phenotype. In my experience, that usually means she will be a fast finisher. Shorter bloom times.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• DrPhoton
          DrPhoton commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, although genotypes are going to be different for all seeds, even from the same mother. The phenotype i believe has a much larger influence due to the phenotype plasticity of cannabis.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I was thinking genotypes as in a specific set of genetic make up... but yes, I agree. The genetic potential of the plant never ceases to amaze.

• Greenpassion
          Greenpassion commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely shorter Bloom times. The one that is already looking like she's ready to be harvested is over a month at least in front of the other two. This is unbelievable! Thank you guys for your input and expertise. Thank you so much!

I just have to say that I love this forum. I cannot imagine what I would be doing without it. I was before this and still am and always will be an orchid addict. I have close to 30 orchids growing in my house, no Greenhouse. Anyway I belong to what is called Orchid board and it has gotten me through 7 years of intense learning. I bring this up because gwe is on the fast-track to doing the same thing. All of you guys are invaluable!
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X