Dry & Cure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry & Cure

Would anyone care to offer their advice for a perfect cure. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181001_101514.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	253966

Now that there is a big bud, great job. There is a dry/cure tutorial in growing basics, but from the cola you have, I kinda think you may already know that.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

Howdy GrowMe Trichomes, The best advice that I can give You is, SEND IT TO ME!!!!!!! Awesome job, well done!
      No, really, I would let the buds dry just until the sugar leaves just start to get 'crispy' dry, then put it into the jars for three to four months.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Just trimmed and hung . Will be drying in a 3x3x5 grow tent temps about 75. I'll take a look back on them in 3 days see how they are doing.Click image for larger version  Name:	20181001_124630.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.25 MB ID:	253985

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            And of course you have left the fan on to move the air inside.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Try to lower the temp a tad if you can--ideally, 60-70.

• Redwasp
            Redwasp commented
            Editing a comment
            Personally I would check them everyday. You never know when something might happen. What's the humidity where you have them hung? And you do need some air movement but never point a fan where the air is blowing on the buds. I like to just use a vent fan to move the air. Not to mention it helps with the aroma.

Very nice harvest, maybe some day I'll have big buds like your's. Just curious if you don't mind, how long you been growing?
          Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
          Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
          36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
          4 bulb T5's for Veg.
          2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
          IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
          3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• GrowMeTrichomes
            GrowMeTrichomes commented
            Editing a comment
            Well in the last 20 years I've grown a soild 10. But I'm in a new land where the weather is different and it was almost like starting over. As well as I keep a open mind to new grow techniques and technology. On that note of technology, HPS is still the way to go if your huge buds. Just my experience I'm sure someone will say different.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thick branches and proper genetics and lighting grow fat buds

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            Hps, is the right way to fly, and grow som fat long buds to boot, your grow looks great 😁

My perfect cure is - after drying buds sufficiently I put them in one quart jars. Next day I remove buds and put back on screen - their time in the jar has drawn wetness from the middle and has made those crinkly buds soft and moist again.
          Put them back in their jars again and repeat the removal process again if you think necessary. I have done it up to three times. Cuz once I had a whole jar turn brown on me - a waste.
          Now you begin the one week timing of keeping them in their jars and opening up once a day.
          After one week keep them closed and in the dark for 7 days. Open them up after 7 days. Some people call this burping - I leave them open for up to 2 hours.
          Repeat the 7 day process 2 more times and after around a month or so you have perfectly cured buds.
          Now of course along the way one has to sample the above drying buds - "Quality Control Tester"
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent, concise advice. I have the same job as you!!!!!

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            I should add I live in the Pacific Northwest - humidity is always up there - (65 -100%) so my drying technique is hanging in a closet with a fan in the bedroom moving the air - not on the hanging beauties but so there air is moving. Not all the time but I will leave the fan on for hours at a time.

GMT, those are awesome!!
          That is really good and well written advice by Canuk.
          I think you should probably send me some of those for testing, as well.......
          Organic Soil,
          with molasses,
          In a Greenhouse with,
          Redneck engineering.

Comment

Just wanted to chime in, that is one beautiful bud!
            "Not all that glitters is gold, not all that is sticky is tar." proverb ☮☮☮

Comment

Jarred and stoked with 20+ quart jars of harvest. Not to shabby for a 600 watt HPS. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181004_094245.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	254855

Comment

How many plants did you have? Cant remember if you said. But that is one beautiful bud.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X