Question on mites ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on mites ?

Okay got a girl given to me I shined the leAves accidently through the underside and discovered i could see mites in/on the leaves and saw classic discoloration i could not see with a naked eye so far I shined each leaf individually and discovered about 5 infected leaves I'm a little obsessed so between each leaf being removed I rub my hands down with rubbing alcohol to prevent contact infestation did I stumvle b onto something of awesomeness or is this an old trick I never knew about either way am I doing it right what else can I do?? First solo grow op ... also did a 9to1 water alcohol spray after removing the infested stuff sorry no pictures my camera is down rn lights 18/6 fan bouncing off door for light breeze top to bottom good temp and she perked up and got a deeper color after clipping leaves also misted soil with 9to1.

I try to answer your questions. First, you can't see spider mites with the naked eye. It take a microscope with at least 50x power. The tell tale sign is a lot of white spots on your leaves.. 2nd, the ratio of alcohol and water is 50/50 not 9/1. I have dealt with spider mites twice this grow. I have had great success getting rid of t hem. I use this. Good luck and welcome to our world.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      agree alcohol at 1 to 1 over and under the leaf

4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't spray anything on my plant unless I'm trying to kill something, and then I use Spinosad.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinosad only lasts up to 24 hours. You need to repeatedly spray it to effectively kill off the eggs the wonderful little pests leave behind when you have an infestation like our friend has here. Mighty wash kills mites on contact plus kills the eggs off in the first application. It’s safe. And even recommended in the GWE tutorial on spider mites.

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Go with what works for you. Good luck.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X