Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does Oxygen effect PH

Hello Growers !
    In doing coco I have a big reservoir for feeding. I would like to prepare the water for one week and give it oxygen to keep it fresh.

right now I add 2800 l/h to the reservoir.

however, I have noticed big changes in PH.
    Therefor my question is : does the added oxygen effect the PH levels or is something else going on ?

Happy Friday!

Take the air away for a week and tell us what you find.
    I would guess that your pH will change.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Dr.Moggs
      Dr.Moggs commented
      Editing a comment
      Does the water really remain fresh for one week without oxygen in 28 °C environment?

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      As fresh as nute water can be after a week, don't think it would be rancid or stagnant, but I think the PH will change without the oxygen Factor, I personally mix feed and dispose for this and other reasons..

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Stagnant water, with no aeration will not be fresh after a week and will house more of the undesirable bacteria. Pumping water from one location to another will add dissolved oxygen to the water, most likely adding more air after that would be unnecessary depending on your set up. You really need PH buffers to stabilize PH. And sometimes new equipment can take time to stabilize, which can also lead to PH flux.

No, new equipment can cause PH changes. Lack of buffers can cause larger fluctuations. I don’t do CoCo but in DWC most ph changes occur from the plant absorbing the phosphorus.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X