Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Widow curing very faint ammonia smell maybe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Widow curing very faint ammonia smell maybe...

Hey there! This is my second harvest and cure, first one turned out great.

This time around however I think I started curing a little to early. They sat and dried for 5 days until the small branches snapped easy. I then put them in two mason jars with a hydrometer and one 62% Boveda Humidipak. After about 5 hours of sitting, the humidity had jumped up to 71% and I noticed a faint ammonia smell. I then dumped the jars out on a drying rack and had them dry for another day. I cleaned the jars, put the bud back in to cure even adding a third jar to give them more room. After 8 hours back in the jars, the humidity only went to 61% and all seams good.

I am now on day 3 of the cure. The humidity is still at 61%, however each time I burp them I think I can still smell a very faint ammonia smell. Its not at all over powering, the bud smells sweet at first but then kinda has what I think is a lingering ammonia smell. I had a chance to inspect each bud before putting them back into a jars for mold and wet spots. Found nothing but good sticky resin.

I think I am being paranoid... Any advice?

Did you flush them before harvesting plenty?

Comment

I know alot about paranoia. If you did as you said.And the buds look good that may be the issue. Can you tell me where you got the seeds and if they were auto or photo? Then describe the overall smell and number of days in the jar. Also what are you using to test the humidity.

Comment

I did flush for two weeks, waited until the fan leaves where almost completely yellow.

I got the seeds from crop king, they are auto. The smell is sweet, very much how my first harvest turned out using the same seeds, but has a slight hint of ammonia. This is the 4th day they have been in the jars. Checking on them today they smell better, more sweet less ammonia. Humidity is sticking at 61%

I am using Caliber IV Digital Hygromter by Western Humidor to check humidity, has good reviews on Amazon.

Comment

Just to be sure find the biggest buds and look on the very inside around the stem. Report back what you see.

Comment

Can do you one better, close up shot from a microscope. Looks like I am in the clear

Comment

Looks fine

Comment

Yeah its defiantly fine. Smelling so much better today. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X