Magical Butter machine and Decarbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magical Butter machine and Decarbox

A thread where I'll report on making tinctures and oils that I'll use in gummies and other stuff made with the Magical Butter machine. It hasn't arrived yet but I'm ready to go

The silicone Decarbox is a seal-able box with a thermometer that keeps in the smell while decarbing and tells you what your oven temp actually is so you can get better control.

I have 197% grain alcohol, liquid coconut oil and vegetable glycerin to try. All will be mixed with Candida + Industrial CBD buds for different uses. My expectation is high

I have no testing materials so I'll be going by the breeders stated levels in each plant but I'm sure they're off. no idea by how much except my experience with the plants. should be fun
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Breeder’s captured levels of THC are maximums. So the grower’s skill level can give lower, but not higher results than that in the flowers. (Within a certain tolerance)
    on that same note, extracting the THC from the plant material is a process, once again the skill level takes into play.
    In other words THC% in a plant is not linearly related to the % found in concentrates, butter, tincture, lotion, lip balm, or whatever your medulium might be.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly my point. If you veer from your equation’s spec parameters at all, you should not expect the same THC % in the end result. I would think having full control over the temp. & pressure to battle the local ambient conditions, you maybe could achieve this....Unless the math equation you mentioned previously is already set up for the magic butter machine’s preset parameters in your local environment...I don’t think the equation that solves for THC % final outcome will work in this case.
      Last edited by Toker1; 09-24-2018, 02:36 PM.

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      It's going to be ok for me, just reporting my experience based on my infos

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you are going to be having some fun with it.

Making extractions and concentrates is the most fun!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

This is where I'm starting.

500 ml of liquid solvent. Oil, Alcohol, Glycerin
      20 Grams herbs / 20000 mg herbs
      20000mg / 500ml is 40 Mg. Herbs per ml. of liquid tincture
      20 drops = 1 ml

20 gram Candida (15-20% CBD, <1% THC)
      1ml tincture = 6-8 mg CBD

20 grams Industrial CBD (10-15% CBD, 5%THC
      1ml tincture = 4-6 mg CBD + 2mg THC

Magic Butter minimum is 2 cups so 500 ml is what I'll do. decarbed bud, using the machine's programs

the gummie recipe calls for 2 cups liquid total so for half of it I'll use the glycerin tincture or maybe all of the liquid will be tincture so I don't cut my strength in half.

gummie recipe

1 cup just off boil water
      7 packs gelatin in 3/4 to 1 cup cold water to let absorb (bloom) -this will be my tincture instead of the water

(I may use tincture for all the liquid)

mix that into the hot water and mix till smooth
      mix in 1 box jello and mix again till everything is dissolved and smooth
      fill your molds.
      refrigerate until hard.

each bear in my mold is 1.5 ml.

EDIT:

since each bear is 1.5 ml I want to try 1/3 water with 2/3 tincture to get an even ml of good stuff in each bear.

so, 157 ml water & 315 ml tincture somehow so that the gelatin dissolves just below boiling
      Last edited by Cronk; 09-24-2018, 05:05 PM.
      complete beginner
      39" x 39" x 78" tent
      315 Watt CMH
      Mega Crop nutes

Comment

We bake alot. Some can eat 6 cookies yet for some 1 is to much. So just be careful and test each batch. But I'm linked in. And still waiting on alltatup to schedule her class on making these things. Lol
        There’s a formula you can use to get a pretty close approximation, even when the plant matter you are using has not been lab-tested.

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Lmao you are so right. Someone I know at 1 cookie, mind you I at 4 or 5 maybe more. They called the next day asking when it would end. Lmfao. But edibles help my pain more. And it lasts all day long.

But I can not emphasize this enough: NEVER EVER EAT TO MUCH. Think 12 hours plus of wishing you were dead. Dont believe me? Go to the Colorado's web site on partaking of cannabis edibles and read the brochure.

After saying that there is a cure if you eat to much. And this may not seem logical but it works. CBD oil or honey or vapor will ease the symptoms. If you take enough CBD it will bring you back down.

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          when I have store bought edibles they're candies at 5mg each. I take 1/2 of that and I'm perfect. smoke on some Candida in addition here and there and this is where I always want to be. I might get too high with what I'm making but that will happen once

• WeirdWiredWolf
          WeirdWiredWolf commented
          Editing a comment
          Half of a 5mg candy is fine for me, I end up being more productive for awhile and the retail "I hate people" mode goes into hibernation for a month or so.

@Cronk: That Decarbox looks awesome, hella easier than my planned sous vide method (and probably less mess).
          Last edited by WeirdWiredWolf; 09-25-2018, 12:12 PM.

I forgot all about this post. again, potency is taking the breeder's numbers and also judging it against other known products

I made CBD oil, or more accurately, Candida oil.

Magic Butter Candida CBD Oil
        500 ml of liquid coconut oil
        60 Grams herbs / 60000 mg herbs
        60000mg / 500ml is 120 Mg. Herbs per ml. of liquid tincture
        20 drops = 1 ml

60 gram Candida (15-20% CBD, <1% THC)

1ml tincture = 16-20 mg CBD

I set the machine to a 2 hour tincture at 130 degrees and then did an additional 1 hour setting. I got nearly all of my oil out of it. This is a very good oil that I take up to 4 times a day. It really does the trick for me and I don't see buying CBD oil again any time soon

Then I made gummies with my Industrial CBD harvest, but really only a small amount of it because I have so much. That went down like this:

1st gummy recipe
        500 ml of liquid vegetable Glycerin
        51.73 Grams herbs / 51730 mg herbs (Industrial CBD 50g = Jack Herer 1.73g thrown in)
        51730mg / 500ml is 103 Mg. Herbs per ml. of liquid tincture
        20 drops = 1 ml

51.73 grams Industrial CBD (10-15% CBD, 5%THC

1ml tincture = 10-15 mg CBD + 5mg THC

I set the temp at 160 and ran an 8 hour program. again, nearly all of my glycerin came out. I used 140 mg in my recipe and made about 250 bears. It works out to about 3 mg per bear, which in comparison to known gummies at 5mg and 10 mg, my 3 mg seems right on the money. I know I can't test anything but it all seems pretty right to me. for about a week 1/2 a gummy did the trick with a very light buzz but clear energy, lifted mood and motivation enhancement. I'm up to about 3/4 of one now and it just keeps doing it's thing for me, day after day. I took a whole one one Saturday and I was just a little bit more high as when I have taken 2.5 mg with store bought. perfect.

so, there you go. dose-able cannabis product made at home. I love it
        Last edited by Cronk; 10-26-2018, 09:44 PM.
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent information!!!!

Oh This is exactly what I am looking to learn. My son told me to buy the machine with a code for $30.00 off and ordered the decarb box with it and butter mold. alltatup is a class instructor? That’s freakin terrific.. also did not know she’s a girl.... talks to me like one of the guys....she’s a great person. We’ve exchanged messages occasionally ...

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          It;' so easy you can't really go wrong if you follow the directions. My decarb box arrived today. it seals tight. I hope to use it soon.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmall, I just do the same thing that Cronk did above, which is to share what I've learned with y'all. Redwasp is just kidding around.

Oh and btw, PaganRich says I am one of the guys... which is a compliment.... I guess....

complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Oh boy... those came out great.... how do you resist the urge to sit down and munch a bunch... you could be flying for days. Like the potato chip add years ago “Bet ya can’t eat one”

Comment

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I would end up in a mental ward if i did that

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            We take those gummy vitamins and the dose is 2.... I could probably eat 40.... it IS like candy

an army of gummies. 265 @6mg THC, 15 MG CBD each

glycerin tincture made with the Magic Butter Machine. It was so easy to do this and although I don't have a way to test the numbers I'm confident I'm close in my estimation.

a year ago I had no idea about any of this stuff. I didn't even like cannabis. I use it pretty sparingly even now, just 2 to 3 MG every day and CBD throughout the day. All homemade and easily done.
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm sold....Where is this recipe ?

Farmall
          Dinafem says 5% THC, 10% CBD for Industrial CBD Auto. Seems accurate to me but I don't have testing so you decide how to gauge it. I know published levels are averages of what breeders get but you never really know. some breeders are right on and some are not reliable. I know of a guy here that gets a 10% THC pheno from a published 1% breed. I bought some known gummies and compared. mine seem right

**Tincture recipe. I ran the tincture program on the magic butter machine twice. I de-carbed the buds

500 ml of liquid vegetable Glycerin

51.73 Grams herbs / 51730 mg herbs (Industrial CBD Auto 50g + Jack Herer 1.73g)

51730mg / 500ml is 103 Mg. Herbs per ml. of liquid tincture

20 drops = 1 ml

51.73 grams Industrial CBD (10-15% CBD, 5%THC

1ml tincture = 10-15 mg CBD + 5mg THC

**gummy recipe

300 ml tincture from above

100 ml hot water

9 packs Knox gelatin into the tincture to bloom for 5 minutes
          1 jello pack dissolved into water.

I do this in two small saucepans. pour the dissolved jello/water into the bloomed and stirred Knox / glycerin

put that saucepan on top of the other. bottom pan with fresh water set to boil to keep the top pan warm. slowly stir the top pan until blended and dissolved. Transfer to one of those cheap condiment squeezers and fill up your gummy molds. let cool and refrigerate

work fast, it will start to get thick. keep the water boiling so you can set the squeezer in it briefly to get it warm again

mmm. it's good.
          Last edited by Cronk; 01-29-2019, 10:09 PM.
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Cronk . This is where the growing stops and the good stuff starts.... oh hell, it’s all good stuff. I would love being able to test with accuracy. I have read over and over that you can grow to the point of genetic excellency but not exceed what’s built in. On the other hand, bad grow practices will easily produce less than the real numbers. Problem is, I don’t know if it did well or not. Seems good but it would be real nice to see the numbers

• Cronk
            Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think there are hard and fast rules as to what a grower can expect from a plant. Yes, the breeders have the perfect environment for their plants and maybe publish the best results, or the ideal results. Each breeder is different and the consistency of genetics is better or worse depending on the breeder. with high CBD/Low THC breeds The want is to keep the THC down to published results but they often go over, The CBD can also not live up to published amounts, or go over. I know people say a lot of things and seem to go by hard and fast "rules" but in the end it's a plant, you never really know. Good breeders will have their number pretty well understood. Dinafem seems to be one of these breeders

I don't have any way of testing so this is what I do. Hopefully we'll get some inexpensive method here soon. Human guinea pig is my only method right now. works for me

Enjoy

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            HAHA Human Guinea Pig ? So So true

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X